Burton

boardin_nerd

Okay, So i wanna know what you people think about Burton... Because i've always thought they just seemed to expensive for not as good as performance as some of the other brands... but i could be wrong. so i want to know what you guys think.

To me the whole EST system or whatever seemes just like a ploy to get money, and i guess it'd be a little helpful but you have to get a WHOLE knew binding and board for it to be compatible. and i mean the burton vapor is like 1000 dollars. now come on dont you think thats a little over priced. and i read a couple reviews and the dude gave like 4 cons. and if i'm paying 1000 dollars i dont want any cons in my board. lol.

It just seems like there are other companies doing alot more for the sport of snowboarding without having the expensive price. So I just wanted to know what you guys thought about burtons performance and there prices compared to other brands.... cuz the only hardgood thing i've had of burtons is boots.. so i really dont know how they are...

Okay, So i wanna know what you people think about Burton... Because i've always thought they just seemed to expensive for not as good as performance as some of the other brands... but i could be wrong. so i want to know what you guys think.

To me the whole EST system or whatever seemes just like a ploy to get money, and i guess it'd be a little helpful but you have to get a WHOLE knew binding and board for it to be compatible. and i mean the burton vapor is like 1000 dollars. now come on dont you think thats a little over priced. and i read a couple reviews and the dude gave like 4 cons. and if i'm paying 1000 dollars i dont want any cons in my board. lol.

It just seems like there are other companies doing alot more for the sport of snowboarding without having the expensive price. So I just wanted to know what you guys thought about burtons performance and there prices compared to other brands.... cuz the only hardgood thing i've had of burtons is boots.. so i really dont know how they are...

i am not a fan of Burton at all, but no board has no cons period. my first snowboard boots were Burton, and since then its been Salomon. right now i think that Salomon and 32's are the favored boots by most people. i do love my Burton mittens, and i plan on buying the AK 3L throttle glove soon. EST is not just ploy i have spoken to dozens of people who now swear by it. I feel that most of Burtons gear is way over priced but thats what you get for the Burton name on your gear.

I started out riding burton and up until two seasons ago thats all I rode. I bought one of their 2007 line and it chipped like crazy the topsheet fell apart pretty much and the board ended up dissapointing me so I went with a Rome next and swore I would never ride a burton product again. Since than I've bought a Ride board and I love it both boards have held up real well with minor damage. I also don't like the forward lean Burton bindings have even when you have the highback set as low as it goes as opposed to other brands.

boardin nerd if you ask 10 people what they think of burtons you'll get 12 different answers. i for one am a fan of there outerwear and bindings not their boards or boots. i dont like there boards because every1 i ahve rode seemed stiff and i also dont like their boots because they dont fit my feet well

I think Burton soft goods are among the best.When it comes to boards,I've never really had any problems.Back in the mid nineties I had a couple of inserts come loose,but it was covered by warranty and they replaced it no problem.They do have a great warranty on there products.Past couple of years I have been riding Burton and Lib Techs.I like my Burton bindings too.For me there boots fit great.

Burton does do a lot for the sport of snowboarding,more than any company I can think of.Meaning going beyond making products for snowboarding.

boardin nerd if you ask 10 people what they think of burtons you'll get 12 different answers. i for one am a fan of there outerwear and bindings not their boards or boots. i dont like there boards because every1 i ahve rode seemed stiff and i also dont like their boots because they dont fit my feet well

ya i'm starting to see that.. hahaha!

well thanks for the input guys. i guess really it is more pricey then others because you're paying for the brand.. but you still can get great stuff from there..

and i do love my burton pants and boots.. I guess i should stop being so steriotypical...

My latest burton complaint is that they treat some of their customers like second rate citizens.

eg. If you buy some new cartels/triads (likely all of their bindings) the 3 hole base plate has a nice cushion top, where as the standard disc is just a plain old disc without the extra cushion.

That's some bullshit.

My latest burton complaint is that they treat some of their customers like second rate citizens.

eg. If you buy some new cartels/triads (likely all of their bindings) the 3 hole base plate has a nice cushion top, where as the standard disc is just a plain old disc without the extra cushion.

That's some bullshit.

Only cartels and up come with the cushioned base plate. Missions and down don't even get the 3 hole plate, they just get the universal plate.

They make some really great stuff, and they make some really bad stuff. Gotta know what you're looking for. Low end Burton stuff is junk, the high end stuff is nice. Their boards are nice, (not exactly what I was looking for on my last one, but I won't knock an entire company because they didn't fit me perfectly). I'm not a fan of their bindings, and the soft goods are pretty solid.

I've never been a big fan of their boards, since most of their freeride stuff is ridiculously expensive, but I've been riding their mission bindings for the past couple years and I love 'em. I've also been rocking a burton jacket for a long time (this is its 6th season) and it's held up like nothing else. I remember hitting up the home mountain when the wind was ripping at 35mph at the top and producing a -70 wind chill (the lift closed right after we jumped on...had to beg the lifty to let us go) and it kept me...well...from dying, so it's been pretty good for me. It's been hit by trees, water, ice, snow...just about everything from eastern Canada to Western US. Quality stuff, but it cost me about $350 back in '03.

Gotta agree with Schif...when it comes to Burton, you get what you pay for.

All I can say is burton is a corporation, they make decisions based on what will profit them most, not what will make the best equipment and satisfy the customer bring the best reputation, ya know, the most value for your money, ya know? "hmm how do we make sure they have to (Or can only) buy our bindings." maximizing profits, even if it means making cheap shitty boards that discourage beginners from wanting to progress. So because of this I will absolutely not support burton and any of its underlying brand names, with the way the economy is, it would really be best if we bought from american companies, or just anyone without a board of directors. like Dalbello and Lib Tech. (Those are the only brands that I know are small and/or family owned and operated)

ughh yeah too bad proform is a ripoff because you're usually buying factory defects or products that didn't pass quality control, but thats just what I heard from someone that knows first hand the poor quality of burton's shit.
And that is untrue. I know many people that work for Burton.

Boards that do not pass QC are not sold to the public. The only "defect" boards that go to proform are because of issues with color or graphics. Those boards will be marked with a "Second" stamp in the base on the tip or tail.

More than half my gear is Burton/AK stuff because of proforms. Helmet, goggles, jacket, gloves, backpack, board bag, board, bindings, socks, under layers. Pretty much everything but boots and pants. The board I have from them sucks a lot but thats not to say they don't make some good boards.

I think when you check out how many guys who rip in the park ride their bindings, it tells you something. I've broken my share of them, but they do have a great feel. Boards I don't think they're really worth it. Their boots just don't fit me but they are still well constructed. Their outwear, helmets and goggles are great.