Killington

Ride Delaware ?

I'm at killington staying at trail creek, and it's snowing heavily even though there's nothing on the weather report... I'll be at pico tomorrow since it's not open the rest of the week... They say that there may be some light but short lasted ice tuesday, but I don't expect a problem... I'm on my iPod touch, but I'll keep you posted...

Sorry it took me so long to post this, but I've been drinking some brews in front of the fire and relaxing... Got out about 9:30 at Pico... Snow was firm and plentiful, and the inch and a half of fresh last night didn't hurt... Trees were rideable and were surprisingly untouched... Just make sure your edges are sharp because there was a layer of cruz on top... The summit was closed in the morning, and after pushing back the lift opening, they decided not to open it... I was dissappointed and left for lunch... I went to killington after lunch and went straight to the skyeship gondola... Hit some runs off of Great Eastern, which is green but has a good pitch and is ridiculously long... I hit some other runs off of Skye peak after that and then headed back to Trail Creek via the Whiffletree trail, which is surprisingly long and winding... The snow was getting a little skied off at the end, and some ice was showing, but overall it was legit... Tomorrow might have a little mixed precip, but I'll keep you informed...

A friend told me he was in Kmart this past week with nipple deep powder and he rode some pillow lines. I'm not sure I believe him after this report.

He's lying. I talked to several locals this past weekend, and they all reported that their last snowfall was over a week ago. I did see a report from like 2 weeks ago mentioning like 20" though.

He's lying. I talked to several locals this past weekend, and they all reported that their last snowfall was over a week ago. I did see a report from like 2 weeks ago mentioning like 20" though.

Saturday before the snow went to shit you could find boot top in the woods and outside of the resort boundaries. Nipple deep though didn't happen unless he's a midget.

Pillows ? Only if you use that term very loosely.

Another good day on the mountain... I wanted to get out early due to the impending bad weather, but I didn't get out until 9:30... I pretty much dedicated this trip to riding switch, so I started at Ramshead... It was a little warmer due to the fromt coming through, and the cord was plentiful with very little ice... I soon headed over to the K1 and Skyeship and lapped cruise control and great eastern... I rode until 3:30 without stopping so I could get the good stuff before the precip... It spit a little at the end for like 2 minutes, so I really lucked out... Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40s with rain at night... However, I will be leaving at 12, so I may get some soft snow with only cloudy weather... I'll follow up tomorrow...

Magic Hat mardi gras in burlington last week in FEB. I'm sure the conditions up there are a bit more forgiving.

We'll probably tip-toe around bolton valley again as I'll be riding with 3 novices. I might break off alone to get the goods at some point though. I'd love to make it to jay while up there but I doubt it will happen. I can't believe for the second time this season I'm gonna be in burlington and not skiing jay :blink: Maybe I can run away for a morning session or something.

Although today was a little warm, about 45 on the mountain, the snow was hero snow and ice was nearly non existent... Rode on Ramshead a little then went to the top... I accidentally hit some moguls, but if I skied, I'm sure I would have loved the soft bumps... I had to leave at 12 for the ride home, but it was a great morning session... It was nice today, but it's going to be an icy mess when the temps drop...