02-17-09 TR JF

Robert2

damn that sucks. too bad they didn't blow snow and cover up that granular shit.

It was actually really nice today :) . I got in 40 runs in 5.25 hours. The sun helped to loosen things up and the granular stuff is now starting to get mixed in with the other snow. When I got there at 8:30 it was 19. When I finished at 1:45, it was 34. I had the day off and was going to go to Elk, but decided to stay at JF and putz around the moutain, on areas that I tend to skip.

Edited by bigdaddyk

why arent they blowing snow? seems like they are letting JF go to waste while they blow at Boulder...

:dunno . They do have enough snow, right now. Hopefulley we don't get any rainy and / or warm spells. There were a couple areas that they touched up last Friday. There is plenty of snow that could be pushed around. I didn't even know that they were blowing at BB. It's been cold enough that they really haven't had to blow snow, since they got everything open. It would be nice to have everything buried, but that's lost revenue, if you don't need to do it. I still wouldn't mind some new snow, though :D .

Edited by bigdaddyk

why arent they blowing snow? seems like they are letting JF go to waste while they blow at Boulder...

Although I wish it were the other way around, they're likely focusing on keeping Boulder open well into April again while Frost will likely close 2 or 3 weeks into March again. I can't remember but I think they were finished snowmaking ops at Frost this time last year.

man i never hear a good park report from you. that really turns me away from Boulder, and i appreciate that. haha.

haha, there has been plenty off good days but it just seems that its either been pure shit or ive had bad luck recently. it just doesnt seem like there is even close to the same amount of effort put into the parks as years passed and thats what makes me mad. the parks are still fun, they just dont get changed around nearly as often and it doesnt get maintained as well