Ski poles

Santa Clauss

First setup I got carbon poles, The salesman convinced me to upgrade to them because he said they would "last much longer," broke after 2 weeks, the tip broke off one of the poles! (Right below the cap so it made the pole and inch and a half shorter, still used them for 3 weeks)

So last week I said screw carbon, Ordered some aluminum scott poles on eBay, there pretty sick, white belt wrist straps, and a "Racing" tips that tear into ice a lot better than the standard pattern. Tried them out tonight and am super happy with them. ha ha plus there about half the price.

Also, my carbon poles were super flexy, sucked when getting on the lift because first the tip's wouldn't dig into the ice, then the pole deflected and almost hits the person behind me.

What do you guys use/prefer?

for future refrence the carbon poles I had were GOODE super max size 50, the new polls I got are Scott P4 series

Plus I think the aluminum poles are as light if not lighter.

scott-2008-p4-ski-poles.jpg

as far as carbon poles go, i really don't like goode poles. i don't know if they're necesarily heavier than other carbon poles, but the swing weight is definitely more noticeable. i've had a pair of leki carbon/composite poles for about 3 or 4 years now that a like a lot. they're a little stiffer than goode poles are, and definitely lighter, with a nicer grip as well. also, k2 makes really nice poles for a little less money than other companies' carbon poles. swix stuff is also very solid, but a little pricier.

I love my k2 PE poles.... so much so that I'd love to get another pair, but noone has them any more... (Believe me, I've searched)

I could get the extreme poles which are the same or even the 3 speed poles which are very similar, but I like my PE poles and I'll keep them until they break for now...