Stowe in April GTG Thread

AtomicSkier

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any reason why you wouldn't go???

Only Financial... Nothing I can't figure out... Just debating what I want to do compared to what I should be doing...

Normally what I want wins out.... but I WANT lots of shit....that's the problem.... what do I want the most..haha

• 2 weeks later...
Absolutely not

I've never been to Stowe. I do know Stowe is known for East Coast powder and is Burton Co.'s home mountain.

But, how are the parks? Are they really that bad?

I usually lap the med/large jumps but have been jibbing more this season. (giving in to peer pressure :lol: )

I have always heard of the powder and the trees at Stowe. I assumed the parks HAD to be good with Burton Co. in their back yard.

I also assumed Stowe would be the best option, even for a park rider, this time of the season.

If you're going to drive 15 hours to Stowe, you better ride for 3 days.

Edited by TT C6

A note on the Easter Sunrise Service from Stowe's events calendar: "April 12- Easter Sunrise Service - Mountain Gondola

The Mountain Gondola will open to the public at 4:50am - 5:50am and complimentary lift tickets will be handed out to the Sunrise Service guests in the Gondola Barn. Please plan ahead and arrive early to this event. The Gondola Barn doors will close promptly at 5:50am to all public."

Hmmm, so sounds like a free lift ticket if I go to church there? Pretty cool! Thanks, God!

Okay, here's the deal with the sunrise service lift ticket:

Sunrise service lift ticket is good for skiing until 8am. After that, you can buy a discounted lift ticket for the day, which is only $35.

Two and three day multiple day lift tickets come out to $41 a day. So, if you want to ski only two days, get the two day ticket. If you want to ski three days AND go to the sunrise service, buy a two day lift ticket and then buy the discounted ticket on Sunday for $35.

Hope this clears stuff up for everyone.

P.S. I called and spoke directly to Stowe about this. No second hand info here!

I have vouchers for everyone that will give you all a 3-day lift ticket for $99 total.

If you can give me a ride and spot to crash, there all yours.

Sound fair ?????

Thanks, but I'm only going up for two days (and the two day ticket is less expensive than the $99) and I don't have extra room in my car or a place for you to crash. Let us know if you head up so we can meet up.

A ride to Stowe AND a place to stay in exchange for a coupon out of a magazine. Now there is a deal! :confused

Great post. :rolleyes:

A spot in the back and on the floor doesn't cost anyone anything.

Mt Stow in April isn't worth much to me.

No worries. I'll be riding somewhere.

Are you going to stalk ALL of my posts in EVERY thread ?????

Great post. :rolleyes:

A spot in the back and on the floor doesn't cost anyone anything.

Mt Stow in April isn't worth much to me.

No worries. I'll be riding somewhere.

Are you going to stalk ALL of my posts in EVERY thread ?????

That would be Mt. Mansfield and the town is Stowe there genius. The only person it wouldn't cost anything is you! Sounds like a great deal for you.

Did you learn the word stalk from TP4?

That would be Mt. Mansfield and the town is Stowe there genius. The only person it wouldn't cost anything is you! Sounds like a great deal for you.

Did you learn the word stalk from TP4?

Are you going on this trip to Mt. Mansfield ???

Does this have anything to do with you ???

Why don't you PM me instead of being selfish and cluttering up other people's threads ???

If not, bring that little sweater vest of yours up this weekend and run your comedy routine live and in person.

Are you going on this trip to Mt. Mansfield ???

Does this have anything to do with you ???

Why don't you PM me instead of being selfish and cluttering up other people's threads ???

If not, bring that little sweater vest of yours up this weekend and run your comedy routine live and in person.

I feel a threat coming any minute.

It doesn't have anything to do with you either because nobody is going to drive your ass to "Mt. Stow" and let you sleep on the floor for a magazine coupon. If I wanted to Pm you, I would. Rather I choose to make a dick of you in public!

Edited by First Grade Teacher

FGT is funny.

I'm allergic to bullshit and Corvettes, so this trip is going to be TTC6 free.

Your post is weak.

Almost as weak as you and Doug drooling all over my girl and then scurrying away when we asked you to hit the jumps with us. :lol:

Or, your the friend requests you've send on My Space that have been ignored. :lol:

I feel a threat coming any minute.

It doesn't have anything to do with you either because nobody is going to drive your ass to "Mt. Stow" and let you sleep on the floor for a magazine coupon. If I wanted to Pm you, I would. Rather I choose to make a dick of you in public!

Is that all you got ???? :lol::lol::lol:

No threats. Just come up this weekend. :)

And make sure you don't look at your feet and go silent like Doug and Jeff when you do. :lol: