Stowe in April GTG Thread

AtomicSkier

Doug always likes to ski Stowe in mid to late April when their spring rates kick in, and I've never been to Stowe, so we're going this year. Kragan has expressed interest, as has Toast.

Here's the deal: We'd leave April 9th (Thursday) in the afternoon, even though Doug likes the leave in the morning, but I have class. Arrive at Stowe in the evening, get posted up like a thumbtack, ski Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and then drive home. Yes, Sunday is Easter, but GSS is jewish and I don't really care.

Anyone interested? We'll be driving up in my mom's X3, so there is some room if the schedule works for you. If not, you can drive yourself.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and 2 of my friends talked about this today. We are doing VT next week. I want to do Snow, they want to do Stowe.

I'd like to do Snow next week and propose this weekend at Stowe to them as well.

What do you guys think about renting a condo?

We rented a condo last year for the US Open and it was $65 a person for the entire weekend.

So, lame but I've yet to ski outside of PA. In April, I'll HOPEFULLY be busy interviewing, but if I have the time, I might want to tag along with you guys. Don't worry, I'll probably drive my own car and just stay for a day or two, but it would be nice to finally go to VT and I'm sure you guys could show me some easier trails to get experience on. For the record, I wouldn't make you guys ski with me the whole time as I'm sure you'd prefer to go off and do the super ultra difficult trails.

Doug always likes to ski Stowe in mid to late April when their spring rates kick in, and I've never been to Stowe, so we're going this year. Kragan has expressed interest, as has Toast.

Here's the deal: We'd leave April 9th (Thursday) in the afternoon, even though Doug likes the leave in the morning, but I have class. Arrive at Stowe in the evening, get posted up like a thumbtack, ski Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and then drive home. Yes, Sunday is Easter, but GSS is jewish and I don't really care.

Anyone interested? We'll be driving up in my mom's X3, so there is some room if the schedule works for you. If not, you can drive yourself.

Count me IN!

I'd be happy to just meet people on the slopes and stay with the people I am carpooling with in a pimp suite. I don't want to organize a condo or house rental as I assume people will bail out last minute and it can't as easily be aquired last minute like a hotel room/suite..

I'm down with whatever. I've stayed in the best suites at Breck and the Grand Summit Hotel at Snow, and I've gladly slept on the floor in motel rooms.

As long as I don't have a date with me for the weekend, I do NOT care.

My friends and I are doing a trip to Mt Snow next weekend if anyone wants to come.

Also, if we can combine our planned trip to Stowe and this trip to lower costs for everyone, I am down.

Even I can co-exist with Doug. We can just go our separate ways.

I have this weekend on my calendar. I'm looking forward to it. THere is a chance I might not be able to go (say, because I got a job interview or something), but I doubt it because it's Easter weekend. Regardless, I'll have my own room, so no one needs to worry about that. My plan is Fri-Sun.

I wasn't worried about it... My wife would sever my head (both of them) if I even considered sharing any sort of accomodations with a female....

I should have added this disclaimer: To be eligible to stay with the PASR crew, you've got to be a groupie.

Google maps says its 6.5 hours. I really hope they are calculating that based on going 55 miles per hour... That is a LONG drive!

It's definitely less then 6.5 for you. More like 6.5 for me.

So everyone that is going is OK that it's easter on Sunday?

I wanna go! I've only been to VT once and its really the drive that I hate. I am a big wuss. But of all the VT mountains that I have not been to, the one I really want to check out is Stowe.

BUT I just mapquested it and it says 7H 45M travel time from center city :( We shall see...either way you guys will have a blast!

I wanna go! I've only been to VT once and its really the drive that I hate. I am a big wuss. But of all the VT mountains that I have not been to, the one I really want to check out is Stowe.

BUT I just mapquested it and it says 7H 45M travel time from center city :( We shall see...either way you guys will have a blast!

If you'd like to go with yourself (and leave the hubby behind), I'd be happy to carpool and share a room with you. Just let me know.