Stowe in April GTG Thread

AtomicSkier

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG.jpg

OOOOOOHHH Myyyyyy goodddddd....... Todays pic of the day at Stowe. Looks like my buddy is bailing on me I'm so torn for what to dooooo hey GrilledSteeze wanna drive me and split your lodgeing fees & gas w/ me? :o

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

That's about 1/2 mile from where I'm staying..

Word if you didn't book yet and want to split lodgeing and carpool let me know. I'll be there the same days you are rollin solo I deicided I should do 3 nights leaving thurs so i'm nice and fresh and too ease travel time. As long as the weather is gonna be nice and my I can keep the positive mentality to do the trip solo I be derrrrrr. Nothing beats some fresh tracks in trees with the trees livin the dream :rolleyes:

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

"Cabins at stowe" turn out pretty cheap if you have a few others staying with ya. It's about 5 minutes down 100 from the town of stowe though so it makes for a 15 or so minute drive to the resort.

This is kinda what I had in mind. The last trip we did to Stratton/Snow a group of us rented a pretty nice 4 bedroom cabin and it was $65 each for the entire weekend.

Do you all want to do a combined PASR 3day trip to Stowe?

Or, should my friends and I do something on our own again, like we did last weekend?

Edited by TT C6

Ummmmmmm, I booked the Town and Country, but now I am thinking about the Golden Eagle. Is one much nicer than the other? Johnny, do you know if the Golden Eagle has bfast included in April? The Town and Country usually does but not for April. Ah, lodging dilemma!

BTW, bought the lift tickets online--nice find Doug!

Edit: Nevermind. $15 cancellation fee so not worth rebooking.

Edited by Melissa

there are way too many places to stay that are max 20 min from stowe and there is an acess road shuttle that you cna take if you desire,

and doug is correct the weather is turning colder for this weekend with this front, hopefully it will add something back to the base, and dont be turned away or upset when you see the toll doubles base of snow the rest of the mountain should be fine. hope everyone enjoys their time, i wih i could be there with you guys but ill be home for easter but hitting up smuggs on thursday for the last time this season, maybe i will post a tr if it isnt a raining or b snowing so i can take my good camera out

Where in the Rockies is that from???? Montana...Idaho... :lol:

DiMe..the upper mountain woods are gonna be..."The Sex"

I know.... I'm so tempted to just hit the book button right now but waiting to see if my friends cell turns on and if he's going to be up there this weekend or coming home for Easter.

The mountain road resort across the street from the T and C is pretty nice..I'm guessing rooms are $85-$100..as I know in March their special was $99 a night..The Inn at the Mountain at the base of the Toll House chair is running an $85 a night special..but it's far from bars and restaurants...this weekend Stowe is also offering $70 weekend lift tickets if purchased by tomorrow..

http://www.stowe.com/tickets/specials/

Don't Blue passholders get a discount bringing the ticket closer to $50?

I uber stoked for Stowe..another 5 inches fell in the past 24 hours on the upper mountain and it continues to snow..only an inch of new snow at the base as these spring storms are very much elevation dependent.

So right now we have GSS, Melissa and her friend....

Dime??? Johnny Style??? Anybody else??

I'm packing tonight. I didn't book yet only because expedia makes you prepay to get the $69/day rate. I'll book before the end of the day. I'm on my way...

Don't Blue passholders get a discount bringing the ticket closer to $50?

I already posted that I have "3day lift tickets for $99" coupons for the group.

I also asked you all if you want to do a combined PASR trip to split transportation/lodging,

and I have not got a response.

Let me know if what you all are thinking and if I should just put together my own group again this weekend like I did last weekend.

Thanks.

Edited by TT C6

Thanks for booking your hotel with Expedia!

It's official i seen my previous itinerary was no longer available which was a single King bed. They're filling up fast Johnny Styles make sure you book asap!!! If somehow you get screwed and they get overbooked let me know and you can split lodgeing with me the nights you come since I got stuck with a double bed room. I'll be leaving tomarrow morning riding Friday, Saturday, & possibly Sunday. SO STOKED!! Looking forward to riding April pow with PASR's finest.

It's official i seen my previous itinerary was no longer available which was a single King bed. They're filling up fast Johnny Styles make sure you book asap!!! If somehow you get screwed and they get overbooked let me know and you can split lodgeing with me the nights you come since I got stuck with a double bed room. I'll be leaving tomarrow morning riding Friday, Saturday, & possibly Sunday. SO STOKED!! Looking forward to riding April pow with PASR's finest.

Yay, awesome, this looks to be a good time.