slow skiing and ski patrol

1337snowboarding

hi every one, I'm new to the forum and have had a problem at Bear Creek tonight.

I have never had a problem with Ski Patrol or slow skiing until tonight when me and some friends left the park and went to the other side of the mountain. We were minding are own business coming from the top of Broadway down to F chair when we got the the bottom two Ski Patrol guys fly up and start a public crucification of us.

First they start saying we were going way to fast in slow skiing when we were all in control and not even bombing it. Then they start saying about how this is the family side of the mountain and that slow skiing is so family's can get down the mountain and then they tell us if we want to go fast to go to the park where snowboarders belong.

why is it that family's can go snowplow down the park and snowplow down every run but if we go fast and if were in slow skiing not even going that fast we get busted???

Is it me or is Bear Creek become a family place where no one else can come. Me and my three friends have bought season pass at Bear Creek for four years in a row now that this has happened and we're thinking of going to Big Boulder or Blue Mountain.

Ski patrollers are a bunch of doltish humans that sit in the employee's lounge like sedentary gnomes. I commend them for what they do and respect them for that aspect, but when it comes to them being an authority on the mountain, I see them as nothing more than rent-a-cops.

not even close to being as "important", and i use that word loosely, as a rent-a-cop.

we were all in control and i have been snowboarding for 5 years my other frineds 3 or 4 years so we have no problem bombing any of the hills at bear.

and there was no one at all in front of us no one there for that matter being a week night and all, ski patrol came from behind us and they were going faster then us.

Edited by 1337snowboarding

Totally agree about the whole "slow skiing" thing. Its WAYYYYYYYY too much of the mountain. They really, really need to rework that. Bear is too small for what they're trying to do. besides... on some of these slow skiing areas.. if people need to be going that slow, they shouldn't be out in that part anyway. I can see the portion of the mountain immediately next to drifter, but otherwise its overkill.

At the same time.. some of those young kids who used to bomb through Drifter on the way to the park are part of the reason why this has happened. They just went overboard.

I've never had a problem and I ski fast, Bear's patrol is nothing like Blue's.

First I've never seen them stake a particular run out and second 99% of them can't ski for shit, lot of Pocono shuffle going on.

I'd say just be cool with what they have to say, be respectful and then just go do your own thing anyway.

For the most part I get the feeling they could care less what you do as long as no one is getting hurt.

The only time I've had direct experience with them was when the young kid killed Ryan on Cascade, funny as shit and they seemed to care less.

• 3 weeks later...

I fly down the mountain in control all the time. If they yell at me i will tell them thanks for the advice and move on my way. If they follow me around I consider that harassment as will everyone else. They already had one guy fired for it, so I would take it to hart if they yell at you. You paid for your season pass you have every right everyone else does, and I signed that wavier saying if i get hurt it is my problem. I'll keep it at that....