glasses under your goggles

poconoceancity

• 2 weeks later...

I wear contacts under goggles. I can't stand the whole concept of someone operating on my eyeballs, so can't imagine having Lasik done.

I have over-the-lens goggles I got once when I was ordered to take a break from my contacts and I liked them so much that even after that pair got all scratched up I replaced them with another pair. They rarely fog up and if it gets really bright I can fit my sunglasses under them. They have rose lenses, so they are fine for most lighting situations except maybe nighttime. I've used them at night, but clear would really be better then.

The only issue I have is the "anti-fog" mechanism is a slit on the sides of the lens. This tends to allow snow inside the goggles if it is snowing out. I've thought about ways to handle that, but never gotten around to doing anything about it.

Edited by sibhusky

The only issue I have is the "anti-fog" mechanism is a slit on the sides of the lens.  This tends to allow snow inside the goggles if it is snowing out.  I've thought about ways to handle that, but never gotten around to doing anything about it.

a good anti fog device for goggles and stuff, rain x. works great and it repells water. just make sure if you do it to your googles that you dont get any on the foam or it will smell like chemicals.

a good anti fog device for goggles and stuff, rain x. works great and it repells water. just make sure if you do it to your googles that you dont get any on the foam or it will smell like chemicals.

I don't have a problem with fog -- I use a fog cloth. But the goggles came with these darn slits in them.

Today, since it's FINALLY snowing like crazy here, I got some tape from the lady in the cafeteria and sealed up the stupid slits. It did NOT produce a fog problem, but mysteriously I still got a miniscule amount of snow in my goggles. Still a big improvement.