3/3/09 at Blue the True

AtomicSkier

Pulled in at 12:45pm and knew via text message that Toast was en route as well. I took my time booting up but I saw him pulling into the parking lot as I was getting onto the lift, so I took a run down a very soft, powdery Razors and waited for him at the bottom. There were some random chunks of ice, and it was about 6/10. I was on my slalom skis, so I was itching for some grippy smooth snow. Toast took a run down the park on his park skis to scope it out, and I took a run down Challenge. The headwall was AWESOME. Smooth and super grippy. I was making really tight turns down the headwall, and the middle was super smooth for getting some steezy speed.

At the bottom Toast said the parked sucked, so he switched skis. We sampled a little of everything...Paradise, Dreamweaver, Razors, Challenge, Lazy, Sidewinder, and Main Street. The best snow on the mountain was in the middle section of Paradise and on the headwall of Challenge. Lazy had pretty decent snow as well. It was a little too windy, but the snow conditions made up for it. The air was cold, but the bright sun made it feel really warm. We skied 18 runs of awesome conditions...JADIP at Blue the True!

I'm going to delay my arrival tomorrow to ski with the Blue Crue. Toast will be in the house later in the afternoon, as will GSS.