3/9/09...Shout out to ski patroller Rob Cook!

AtomicSkier

I've been stopped on Paradise a few times, and not once have I received a ticket. Every single time I was respectful and I realized that I got caught so I kept my skiing to other runs for the day.

wait, you mean you didnt throw a tantrum the first time? and then you didn't get chased out to your car?!

being respectful? yup! just think... it's as easy as that.

You guys tried to humiliate some of the most respected members of ski patrol. You guys continue to look like the idiots. Get over it.

I don't care if Barack Obama was a ski patroller. They're the professionals, and I don't care how "respected" they are in your mind, or if you taught their kids in Freeriders. I don't care if their friends with MBike Mike. If you're not respectful, don't expect to get any respect back. Plain and simple. We started every initial conversation with ski patrol politely and courteously, and the ski patrollers were the ones who escalated the situation, not us.

Doug, Kragan, and I were pulled over by a ski patroller a few weeks ago. The guy was calm the whole time, and even cut us a break. Sure he wrote us a ticket, but there was no yelling, there was no screaming, there was no chase. He just wanted us to slow down. I wasn't going that fast, but I didn't argue because he was a nice guy.

I can't say the same about Johann, regardless of how much Mbike Mike is buddies with him now. His lack of professionalism from the get go was the reason for the behavior during the initial stop, which, wasn't all that bad. Johann even wanted to take some runs with us afterwards. In fact, when Johann gave me a fist bump a week later and said he didn't put us in the database, I figured he was a good guy. I found out he bragged to MBike Mike about putting us in the database, and frankly, he deserved everything he got. I would've been fine if he said he did put us in the database, because I expected it. Being lied to by a representative of the mountain isn't necessary.

i was thinking of starting a thread called "Blue Mtn. Ski Patrol Hall of Shame" where you could post the names of patrollers who mess with you. but then my small amount of maturity kicked in and i realized people would get mad

come on TP4... what happened to the immature high school kid we all used to know and love?! college is hurting you man.

The interesting thing about this is that at Camelback it was the "rangers" ("yellow jackets") who used to do the ticketing NOT Ski Patrol. To me, mixing a job that should be a positive thing (Ski Patrol) with the state trooper thing ("ranger") is all wrong. Also, it sounds like Blue is now worse than CB for ticket yanking? Or are there just more of you on this board who ski at Blue?

All this happens because you ski at crowded areas. Maybe if they start limiting ticket sales (first come, first serve) they can afford to provide a more free and easy environment. Drive up to Elk. I used to really love bombing their cruisers.

The interesting thing about this is that at Camelback it was the "rangers" ("yellow jackets") who used to do the ticketing NOT Ski Patrol. To me, mixing a job that should be a positive thing (Ski Patrol) with the state trooper thing ("ranger") is all wrong. Also, it sounds like Blue is now worse than CB for ticket yanking? Or are there just more of you on this board who ski at Blue?

All this happens because you ski at crowded areas. Maybe if they start limiting ticket sales (first come, first serve) they can afford to provide a more free and easy environment. Drive up to Elk. I used to really love bombing their cruisers.

Blue's Patrol is 100x worse then CB Rangers. And I agree. Patrollers at CB love the fact that their is a ranger program, so the patrollers are the good guys and the rangers are the bad guys. As it should be.