Improvements for 09/10 Season

Santa Clauss

Plant trees (not a hippy). The upper mountain can be brutally hit by wind. Plus it'll bring back the feeling of skiing/riding on TRAILS.. not wide open boulder fields.

Get the halfpipe up sooner (the smaller one, the jumbo one understandably takes much longer to create).

Put a clock in the lodge. I couldn't begin to tell you how much their employees get asked by kids with no cell phones what time it is.

Raise the white lights! Bravo on the new white lights, but please install any further lights you get MUCH higher!

The chicken wings in the bar aren't good at all (not the mountain's fault, I know... just let them know).

Uhmm... finally, be prepared for next season. I know the mountain is trying to get the water park stuff taken care of asap, but please do a better job preparing for the next season before the next season begins. Test the equipment, do trial runs, etc. I really don't want to wait 1 month after the season starts until the season pass printer is working/replaced.

Besides the light installation and tree-planting, these ideas aren't that costly. While I would LOVE a high-speed lift and them to pour money into blowing round the clock, I can live with what they've done so far. It's great what they've done so far and each year they have something new, something better. I can't wait to see what they do for next season.

edit: grammar.

Edited by Brian

I say they should try to get stimulus money to install solar panels and wind generators that way they can blow snow whenever its cold enough like during the day. knowing the gov they'll probably receive like 300 million or something insane.

Uhh website blows

Also build a reservoir at the top of the mountain to hold water and have it pumped down. (Lets not get into another snow making battle, those guys were assholes... and wrong)

keep up on the chairs, some were really beat and the plastic covers for your ski's were usually missing resulting in damage to your edges under foot...

Train your lifties better...

start planting trees on upper mountain, like brain said, i'm not a hippie but its like i'm skiing through the dead woods, its pretty depressing and every trail looks the same.

clear out small saplings and branches in the woods for lightning and boomer. there is some amazing glade skiing in there.

Try to get planet back because "IN MY OPINION" the park was pathetic compared to previous 2 years. mainline changed features like 3 times. I know you guys like progressive shit but planet's parks were good and would have been better if sno treated them (Planet) more like wanted guests. they absolutely hated sno by the end of the season. so don't hate on planet for a park you didn't like...

Also, in my opinion, park crew needed more "adult" supervision and a larger staff.

stop lieing about conditions on your website. who ever updates the conditions should actually have to leave the building and look at the trails. You'll see something like "come up to sno and ride 5" of amazing fresh powder we just got" and its actually sleeting and the conditions are terrible. Also things like trail status. at put a date on the last time it was updated.

Stop coming on pasr and saying things like this:

Hello all!!! We here at Sno just wanted to say hello and update you on a few items that we have been working on. Our snowmaking system has already been tested twice and a third test is scheduled for this afternoon. This final test will ensure that we are ready to blast ASAP. We WILL start snowmaking as soon as temps allow. We have changed some placement of some of the "super pole cats" to maximize the crazy amount of snow that they produce.

Unfortunately, the water park did not open again this season. The construction has had many ups and downs and, as many of you who have been involved with something of this magnitude already know, surprises seem to pop up daily. With that being said, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. We currently have all of the water park crews STILL working daily and we plan to open May 09!! And for those of you that are worried about the snowmaking in these areas, don't fret. The wave pool, tornado, and the Matt Racer are not in the way of our day to day operations and the lazy river and children's interactivity area will be completly covered with snow. Some skiers and riders will never even know that they are there!!

We have had some changes in the lodge starting with the new changing areas and locker room. This area used to house the rental shop in the basement of the lodge. This will hopefully make life easier for those of you coming directly from work or school. The rental shop is being moved the front of the lodge near the main ticket windows. This will be a separte building that will also house our free ski check and tuning shop. We have added other improvements like the new staircase that will hopefully make your transition to the slopes faster than ever.

We want to ensure everyone that, while the terrain parks and half pipes are an area of emphasis in the beginning phases of snow making, we have a plan in place that will allow us to blanket the entire mountain along with the parks. Snow making quality and quantity will NOT suffer on the rest of the mountain as a result of the parks!!

Dirt work has been done on Loki's terrain park and the boarder cross course to hopefully help move up the opening of the parks. We have fixed some lighting problems and are in the process of adding lights to both parks.

On November 15th we will be taking delivery of our new Pisten Bully winch cat. This machine is insane and will allow us to make sure that every trail on the North Face is in the best condition possible!!

Finally, for those of you that have not been around, we have added the ZIP RIDER!! The zip rider will allow you to fly directly over the terrain park and the half pipe at speeds of up to 60mph!! The 3000' cable ride will be open daily and your gear will be at the bottom waiting for you when you are finished.

We have a PA Ski and Ride day scheduled for Saturday, February 21st. We will have great discounts for members, along with giveaways, etc. We are also adding discounts for all of the PASAR members!! When we finalize all of the programs, we will post them on the board. Check out www.snomtn.com for updates.

We hope that you guys are ready to ski and ride because we are!!!

Have a great day and think Sno!!

Dirtwork to parks and boarderX, hmm, what boarderX? and what dirt work for the pipe? what lights did you fix? yeah, you added some lights...

Maybe they got the new PB cat but I usually look for it and never see it... They could most likely have it inside (Thats where I'de keep my new cat)

and did you guys leave all your features outside during the summer? Umm you know plastic gets brittle that way? ya know ya fucked your selves? great way to treat $80,000+ (Total) park features

AND!!!

Clause,

I am not triing to make you look bad, but I just want to correct you on your pump info. It takes one pump to get up to pressure on the system. The other pumps are what you use for volume. If you havent noticed on the weekends, you may not be up here that early i dont know. But, we have been dusting the whole mountain for the skiers. Thats all the trails. So we actually make snow on everytrail on the weekend for conditions. The pumps are all in good shape. Every pump had been rebuilt or replaced when sno purchased the mountain and every motor serviced or replaced. They currently are all in working order. Now things due break during the season and at times there may be a pump or motor not in service. Usually it is not for a long period of time. As for the tower light issue, I am sorry for the inconvience. We have electrician scheduled to repair that tower light. We are not equiped to climb 100' towers, so we are at the mercy of the electricians as to when the can fix it. Again I am not triing to yell at you or make you look bad. I just want to correct some of your info. Thanks

for the record he repeated what I said and I was right, after this happened I heard from someone at sno that the pumps are pretty old and there is room for more.

so when's that light tower getting fixed? hopefully some time before next december? ya only got 9 months!!!

Priorities:

Trees on upper mountain

Real lights (up higher so they cast light over a larger area)

New website, that is updated with the conditions frequently

I do like the tree planting idea. Apparently Elk has been planting thousands of trees each year for the last few decades. Great idea. I love the feel of skiing within the evergreens everytime i'm there.

The website is, in fact, ridiculous. It looks like something I could have written by hand in HTML back in 1996, when I was 11 years old. These days I'm pretty sure you could hire an 11 year old for $800 (total) to design a website with flash or some cool shit that looks a lot more professional than what Sno has now. Definitely a good investment (see my next comment for why...)

That's all I can contribute without having been to Sno this year. I was there last year, but realistically, Sno didn't do anything special to lure me in compared to their competition. I'd say the website was a big factor here...I'm pretty sure the pictures of Upper and Lower Fasttrack on the conditions page are the same pics from Dec. 2006, and any time I checked the conditions page it did not seem to be updated. Also, at the times when I was looking to come to Sno, they weren't 100% open and I had better options. Plus, the website looks like it was made by an 8 year old...who would want to patronize that business?

I see lots of potential for Sno, but they've got to make me want to drive all the way up there to give them my hard earned money. Make me feel like you mean business.

• 4 months later...