Camelback TR 3-22-09

RidgeRacer

Just back from a VERY nice evening at CB. I got my ticket and headed for the Sullivan lift for a run on Margies. The snow was your typical spring surface....ungroomed and soft "mashed potatoes"... sweet! It's a good thing Camelback isn't closing because it would be a shame to waste the crazy amount of snow they still have. Next run I made my way across the Mt to the Stevenson and lapped Pharaoh and Cliffhanger for the next hour or so and found more of the same soft snow. Cliffhanger was awesome tonight. There was some serious spray from carving wide turns on the headwall and it was fun getting air especially at the bottom of the trail. Pharaoh had a thin spot and some of the cross over trails were a bit thin but nothing major at all.

I made my way back over to the Sullivan for a few runs on the "front four". Around 6:30 or so the snow was beginning to firm up a little. Margies began to show a little ice, again nothing major. Overall tonight was a top notch spring skiing session. As I mentioned they have a lot of snow and should be fine for next weekend.

PICS for Stoke! I just took some phone snaps this evening while I was riding for people to see that havn't been to CB yet. Rumor has it this is the last full week comming up and than they'll reopen April 3rd after next Sunday for the weekend but I hope it's not true and they keep it open full time.

First pic is the top of the Asp the rest are of Cliff.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

holy smokes they got a ton of snow.... I hope I can make it up there before they shut down....

Yeah Cliff will probably have snow on it into June lol huge base on that trail. It's getting thin in spots though mostly the green trails.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE