Meatheads Wild Stallions Trailer: Featuring PA Action

mothership82

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Welcome to PASR...and being a PA skier or rider is about showing your true gaper colors..

Thanks for the welcome. And I've noticed the epic gaperness of PA skiing. I came here from New England, and we used to play a game up there where we would spot gapers, and whoever spotted the most at the end of the day won. I brought the game down here, and it's honestly too easy some days.

• 2 months later...

Wow, got it today and watched it. I absolutely loved it. Prominent parts for both Blue and JFBB. I've seen shots of Mountain Creek in Danny Kass films in the past but a whole section in PA on trails I know was awesome. Well worth the money, even for snowboarders. I've seen a lot of ski movies at work but I've never owned one before, glad I bought this one.

Overall the movie has great music and great shots. I like that they rep the places they go to instead of most movies barely mentioning it. I also like these borderline pro/am films because I feel like I can relate to what they are doing so much more than watching someone drop off a helicopter into the back country that I just will never get to or do some rail that will kill you if you fall off the side. And the movie exudes "fun" the way that Afterbang did.

I'm not a fan of metal music as the background for a bunch of crash scenes of people getting hurt that make me feel sick after watching it (Mack Dawg's shakedown, some of the grenade films are almost anti-stoke). I feel like Afterbang changed that and made a lot of people go to lighter music and cut out the crashes or make them almost sarcastic like Absinthe does with their funny music, but somehow a lot of times the "fun" in these contemporary movies feels forced. Its like the director wanted to shoot a standard flick and then was like, hey, make it look like you're having fun out there! and you can totally tell. But this movie got me really stoked up for riding and you could tell the guys were into it.

Great tricks all the way through. I don't know much about skiing park so I can't tell you what level it was at. I felt it was a good mix of park/urban/free riding. I hate urban skiing so I was glad that wasn't the primary thing. I like some of the shots on urban rails but when a skier gets on a rail, then in the middle of it does a 180 or worse 2 180s while still on it, I hate that. And they do that A LOT. I appreciate the technical difficulty but I'm not a fan the same way I'm not a fan of 270 on/270 off snowboarding shots. Other than that, I loved every shot in the movie.

BUY IT.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more that alot of the "fun" in ski films seems forced. AND Afterlame is like a religion with me and my friends. I don't know if it gets the credit it deserves, but it's still the most watchable snow film I own.

check out brobomb it has a wild stallions review and a bunch of other ski flicks too.

Edited by jhartley

Couldn't agree more that alot of the "fun" in ski films seems forced. AND Afterlame is like a religion with me and my friends. I don't know if it gets the credit it deserves, but it's still the most watchable snow film I own.

check out brobomb it has a wild stallions review and a bunch of other ski flicks too.

i'm probably the minority, but i've been checking out your blog pretty regularly now. its nice to see something skiing related that written above a 4th grade reading level.

Good review of it. I couldn't agree with this more:

I think Wild Stallions is so effective because it

i'm probably the minority, but i've been checking out your blog pretty regularly now. its nice to see something skiing related that written above a 4th grade reading level.

Thanks man. If there's any grammarians out there I'll apologize in advance. I'm in a grad-level editing/grammar course right now and that bitch rips my papers apart.

November 14th 2009, WILD STALLIONS only PA movie premier at Langhorne SKI & Sport in fairless hills, pa 19030. I am an employee there and it is going to be a sick premier with tons of giveaways. Become the shops freind on facebook for updates, we want tons of people to come out!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, got it today and watched it. I absolutely loved it. Prominent parts for both Blue and JFBB. I've seen shots of Mountain Creek in Danny Kass films in the past but a whole section in PA on trails I know was awesome. Well worth the money, even for snowboarders. I've seen a lot of ski movies at work but I've never owned one before, glad I bought this one.

Overall the movie has great music and great shots. I like that they rep the places they go to instead of most movies barely mentioning it. I also like these borderline pro/am films because I feel like I can relate to what they are doing so much more than watching someone drop off a helicopter into the back country that I just will never get to or do some rail that will kill you if you fall off the side. And the movie exudes "fun" the way that Afterbang did.

I'm not a fan of metal music as the background for a bunch of crash scenes of people getting hurt that make me feel sick after watching it (Mack Dawg's shakedown, some of the grenade films are almost anti-stoke). I feel like Afterbang changed that and made a lot of people go to lighter music and cut out the crashes or make them almost sarcastic like Absinthe does with their funny music, but somehow a lot of times the "fun" in these contemporary movies feels forced. Its like the director wanted to shoot a standard flick and then was like, hey, make it look like you're having fun out there! and you can totally tell. But this movie got me really stoked up for riding and you could tell the guys were into it.

Great tricks all the way through. I don't know much about skiing park so I can't tell you what level it was at. I felt it was a good mix of park/urban/free riding. I hate urban skiing so I was glad that wasn't the primary thing. I like some of the shots on urban rails but when a skier gets on a rail, then in the middle of it does a 180 or worse 2 180s while still on it, I hate that. And they do that A LOT. I appreciate the technical difficulty but I'm not a fan the same way I'm not a fan of 270 on/270 off snowboarding shots. Other than that, I loved every shot in the movie.

BUY IT.

Meatheads films are great. I own them all and they are my 8 year-old son's favorites. I like that they film almost exclusively in the East and have a more home-grown vibe. I get bored with the other ski films that all seem to look the same (same players, same shots, same locations, etc..).

You should check out some of their earlier films. Epoch is a about climbing and skiing the highest peaks in New England. Part documentary/part history video/part ski movie. Born From Ice is probably my favorite then Wanderland.

Also agree about the music. Their earlier films have a lot of stuff from a lot of indie groups. I usually end up seeking out a few on iTunes and adding them to my Ski Tunes playlist I listen to while I ski.