Hey WeSki

Ski

Did you do this:

"A Special NASTAR race has been added on Sunday, March 20th from 1pm to 3pm on Polar Bear!!!"

No, I don't think so, not directly...... I did hear mention last wednesday night that it was a possibility, I emphatically voiced my support and asked if I could make a post on this board. I was asked to not that until it was ran through "channels" for approval. So with that said - Whooooooot - Hope you can make it - I would like to meet you and everyone else who has been active with this board! I think this is the best place for Eastern PA mountain info!!

We have channels?

In any case, it's great to see a mountain making an effort. I think CB's biggest push this year was to sell "fabulous keepsake" broken lift seats.

BTW, one of the prizes for last Saturday's NASTAR at Montage was a pair of Atomic GS: 11.21's in 150...17m, though. Nice little ski.

So is that it? It is officially set that on the 20th we're going to be meeting at Bear Creek to take over the place and have a huge PASR Party?!? :band  :rock  :woot  :cheers:  :skilady:

no, it HAS NOT been officialy set. This was ONE of the conditions needed to be achieved in order to hold it there. I am waiting on a reply back from their GM about the other condition :)

We have channels?

In any case, it's great to see a mountain making an effort. I think CB's biggest push this year was to sell "fabulous keepsake" broken lift seats.

BTW, one of the prizes for last Saturday's NASTAR at Montage was a pair of Atomic GS: 11.21's in 150...17m, though. Nice little ski.

Funny - we have a set of a similar (14m) at 140cm we would have donated to the prize pool!! Wish we knew that!! We would have visited again. Are they doing anything like that again next Saturday?

Bear really makes up for the lack of verticle in ammenities. I think they are creating a nice little niche for themselves - albeit more of a park place - I hate to admit it, but the park rats are driving a larger share of the market all the time.

BTW - OT - I saw in an interview last night that Bode may be forming a tour with himself and others to better promote ski racing that is waning here in the US - Hats off to that guy!!

Bring the little ones!! They make racing a lot more fun!!

'Dude, I can't wait for the day when she starts beating me. And the Foys were both serious about her being welcome to race ASRA next season. It would be kind of cool if she can navigate a J3 level course like the one at MC or Blue.

Anyway, the 200 mile RT is way too much on a school night for BC...for Belleayre, I'd consider it, but...

So I have to wait to hear if I have a game to cover and if my sitter is available.

NASTAR is over for the season at Montage. They end it at the same time as the corporate racing.

The Bode tour? Yeah, I saw him say that. I think it was more of a threat to some sponsors and an invitation to others. Remember the "Rent Me" space on his helmet, before Barilla? He's had trouble with sponsors and has been much more savy than former US "stars" like Billy Johnson and the Mahres. Johnson held up his gold and said "This is worth a million dollars in sponsorship." He ended up living in his mom's basement.

I just don't get what Bode would do. US Pro Tour style events that criss-cross Europe? Uh, sort of like the current World Cup tour? The World Cup isn't a big money maker. The women lost venues last season and had to race at a couple of lower profile resorts. TV rating in Europe are down, as well.