Long range forecasts looking VERY GOOD...

HouseMuzik

it was in the 40s and humid..at this point I'd be happy with December 18th

Still forecasting the temperatures for tonight that I posted last night, but I'm worried about the weather right now. Even if the air rapid cools the ground is going to be warm and wet. Either the water on the surface freezes over and the warmth in the ground is insulated and all is good, or the ground is too warm and there is no way to make snow tonight. I think it is very much a coin flip for tonight even if the air temperatures are a go. At least the wind is forecast to be <5 mph which is nothing. Thats about the only thing going right at the moment.

Last email I got from the ski race program said first day would be Dec. 4th. But that was a few weeks ago. My boys have been talking about getting on the snow non stop. We all hope its this weekend. I'm going after school tomorrow to buy my kid some new boots, just in case.

FWIW, when driving past BB tonight, the lights were off.

Sounds like they're not tonight. If you look wednesday night is forecast for heavy rains now, that isn't good. I guess hope for Thursday night snow making. Can they make snow Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights and open Sunday? That would be tough. Otherwise looking like the weekend after. Wow. I might have to hit Hunter or Belleayre this weekend if they are open.

Sounds like they're not tonight. If you look wednesday night is forecast for heavy rains now, that isn't good. I guess hope for Thursday night snow making. Can they make snow Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights and open Sunday? That would be tough. Otherwise looking like the weekend after. Wow. I might have to hit Hunter or Belleayre this weekend if they are open.

Snowmakers are out and about on Freedom park right now - or at least 3 people with flashlights. No lights on the guns but some lights on in the lodge.

Edited by Kevin.

36 in my hood with a 26 dewpoint..Blue could be blowing tonight..I hope they do..not to just test the gunz out but for an all out assault..you can do it Blue..

Last year was an incredible start to the ski season..by this point I already skied 5 different ski areas..and this year..I am fortunate to have one day at Killington...mother nature has a way of averaging things out and we are due some intense blizzards this winter!!!! Actually today would have been day 6 for me last season....

Interestingly the temperatures are basically rolling in all at the same time from Vermont to PA. Mount Snow and Hunter are only going to beat PA mountains by a few hours if JFBB/CBK/Blue make snow tonight. The difference is Vermont has 24 hour conditions for the next few days I think so they will be good for this weekend.

Last year was an incredible start to the ski season..by this point I already skied 5 different ski areas..and this year..I am fortunate to have one day at Killington...mother nature has a way of averaging things out and we are due some intense blizzards this winter!!!! Actually today would have been day 6 for me last season....

We've been spoiled the past two seasons. This year's start is a reality check I guess.