From the website, I have faith.

DiMe

Accuweather, Weather Channel & Weather Underground currently show at least 2 nights of possible marginal snowmaking in Tannersville before Saturday. If the weather changes slightly for the worse it may not happen if it changes slightly for the better it will definately happen. Im being hopeful and going with the latter.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE
  • Like 1

It looks like they may have a shot if they want to do it. I have faith. Come on ullr!

They definitely do want to do it, it's just a matter if the weather will allow it. It's become blatantly obvious that Camelback and JFBB have entered into a fierce competition for opening first, closing last, and their park scenes since last two season. This rivalry can only make both resorts better :)

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE
  • Like 1

NOAA forecast as of 11/29/09

Monday Night: A slight chance of snow showers after 1am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. Northwest wind between 9 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tuesday: A slight chance of rain and snow showers before noon, then a slight chance of rain showers between noon and 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. West wind between 8 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. West wind between 5 and 8 mph becoming calm.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.

Wednesday Night: Periods of rain. Low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Thursday: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 46. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 35.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.

• Like 1

They definitely do want to do it, it's just a matter if the weather will allow it. It's become blatantly obvious that Camelback and JFBB have entered into a fierce competition for opening first, closing last, and their park scenes since last two season. This rivalry can only make both resorts better :)

So true. I have been keeping this Sunday free because I think if it is going to happen before 12/11 it will be then. I don't care where it is because I don't have a PA season pass this year so whoever opens first is getting my money.

I think Camelback does have a handicap if they go with one of the quads - way more ground to cover to get open. I went on black friday last year and they were open top to bottom off one of the quads, but what did they open with day 1?

Day one last year they opened insanely early at the tubing park with just a small terrain park and the magic carpet lift. Around when boulder opened I think they had the Rhodo trail up with a small park from the Glenn lift and shortly after had the Sullivan open with a few trails.