Season Updates

BC-Mark

we dont have to do it this weekend, we could do it on that customer appreciation day but that is this weekend isnt it? Anyway I think we should just do it on a day where it isnt raining so there could be a decent turnout.

it would have to be either this weekend or next. bear doesnt look like it will make it much longer:[

it would have to be either this weekend or next. bear doesnt look like it will make it much longer:[

yeah the cover's getting pretty thin, everyday ive been up its been getting lower and lower its depressing :(

but if we did it this weekend i'd be in

I've heard from several people that work there now that Bear Creek is closing either this saturday or sunday... :crymore:

with the amount of dirt spots they had last night, and with all this rain. I dont see it going past this weekend honestly. Bear doesn't care enough to keep it open longer.

um..today was the first day that there were noticeable dirtspots, coverage was pretty good all week. But really they still have plenty of snow. id bank on next weekend being the last, i dont think it will be tomorrow or sunday.

Hopefully they care about prolonging the season as much as they can. It would be awesome for them to push over all the jumps, if they did that we would have an insane base. And I hope we see a rhythm section asap. They solidify the end of season.

um..today was the first day that there were noticeable dirtspots, coverage was pretty good all week. But really they still have plenty of snow. id bank on next weekend being the last, i dont think it will be tomorrow or sunday.

uhhh.... i was up wednesday night and there was a giant dirt spot at the top of the quad, as well as a dirty sink hole that was marked off after the 2nd jump on blackbear, pretty much right in the runout of the landing. if that's good coverage, blue and boulder must be glacier-like.

uhhh.... i was up wednesday night and there was a giant dirt spot at the top of the quad, as well as a dirty sink hole that was marked off after the 2nd jump on blackbear, pretty much right in the runout of the landing. if that's good coverage, blue and boulder must be glacier-like.

its mid-march at bear creek, thats about as good of coverage as i've seen at this time in the past couple years. sure there were a couple dirt spots but they were pretty easily avoided. today with all the rain the dirt spots were alot larger and more prevalant. I'd finally start to consider coverage to be spotty now. We ride bear, our definition of good coverage is a little different than everywhere else

• Like 1

No pond skimming? thats rediculous. Some of my friends work up there and they told me that they weren't having pond skimming. Their employees work all winter long and finally at the end of the season they all get to celebrate a successful season, but no, not this year. Pond skimming is a great way for everyone to say goodbye and give it one last hoorah. The 09-10 season will live in infamy for the next couple of years in my book. If they really wanted to they could absolutely have B chair open next weekend for 4 or 5 hours for PS. They lost alot of snow, but not that much. Whats the deal bear? Blue seems alot closer for me next year.

I NEVER thought i would see the day that spring mount was open longer then bear. I just would like to say to the management at bear creek if anyone reads this...I am severely disappointed in the mountain. For the past couple years now, this "resort" has become less and less about pleasing the people that actually ride here. Now I realize things like the super duper cool tough mudder are the things that pay the bills and not the season pass holders but this mountain has long lost sight of what makes bear creek work. If I had any other option of mountains to ride at, I would be gone in a heart beat and I know there are many others who feel the same way. The lodge and the spa are greaaatttt but what the hell happened to being a ski resort? Maybe if the people in power gave two shits about any form of winter sports this place would be in a lot better shape. If spring mount can make it through the rain then I have no doubt in my mind that bear could as well, but in order to do that the people running the mountain have to give two shits and they dont.They would much rather close down the mountain early so they can squeeze in a couple more weddings and some bull shit obstacle course. I think it pretty much sums it up when you watch the commercials in the lodge for the mountain and the only mention they have that their is even skiing and riding at this place is in like the last 30 seconds. Why dont we just get the inevitable over and get rid of the mountain and build a one million square foot expo center so then you can have all the stupid corporate events and weddings that you can possibly squeeze in. I appologize for my ranting but seriously, bear has become more of a god damn circus then a ski resort.

• Like 5