Season Updates

BC-Mark

i just got back from bear and saw no up rail....

yea I dont know what up rail Capita is talking about

the butter pad in black bear is pretty sick, it would be better if you guys could get more of a lip on the end of it so it has some more pop.

The butter pad is the dumbest feature they added. They either need to put an ollie onto rail off of it(to keep the goobers from messing it up), or make it much bigger like the lego block from last year. Right now its tiny and pointless...

i just got back from bear and saw no up rail....

i think hes talking about the single barrel flat rail thats next to the 420 box... which is setup poorly in my opinion. its slightly up, has no landing and the lip onto it is like super poppy but shoots you right into the rail...

the butter pad in black bear is pretty sick, it would be better if you guys could get more of a lip on the end of it so it has some more pop.

true this. but also, like said above, the think its too small. It needs some type of rail off it or on it and the landing is mega flat. Like you should be able to pop off the end and smoothly transition to a down slope not feel like you just knuckled a jump.

and last but not least... You guys are grooming after you shut the guns off right? why is everywhere cord but the lips to the big jumps? whats the point of being able to get speed for them if there is fresh blown snow on the lip it just causes you to loose speed at the last second and not have time to bail out of hitting it. the big jump in tubing is prime... and it just sucks not being able to hit it because of the fresh blown snow on it.

Epic day for Bear Creek its a strange strange season where Bear Creek has more snow than some western resorts.

My only request is that you leave the big 3 (extreme, Sasquatch and whatever its called next to extreme) ungroomed for these once in 20 years type events. I don't think they were groomed this morning but you could tell they were groomed at some point, still epic morning.

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 1

Just got back from a morning session. The groomed everything with the exception of sasquatch. Park was nice as far as rails go, but speed was an issue for the jumps. The 2 double sets of jumps at the top of black bear were the only ones you could get enough speed for. None of the jumps in cascade this morning were hittable because of the slow snow and high winds going against you.

Here are some pics of the park

https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/298636/1/Feb%2011th%20Bear%20Creek%20in%20the%20Morning?h=35b522

today was prolly some of the best conditions bear has ever had... ever. the 2ft deep powder was amazing in the trees and the park was pretty prime considering all the excess snow they had to groom out, and it was super sunny and not super cold. the first jump in cascade and the bmx jumps were hittable but i spun the first jump in cascade and just straight sunk into the lip... which wasnt fun.

Mark, how successful is the Telescope photo thing or whatever?