Season Updates

BC-Mark

We have had a couple good days for opening and now are getting blessed with 5" to 8" of fresh, dry powder. We opened most of the trails today, the major exceptions being Sasquatch and Extreme. We will have those open on Sunday or Monday.

Tom is planning major park construction projects for Saturday or Sunday nights depending on the weather.

The majority of the 10 day looks really positive so we should be able to lay down a great base over the coming days.

Thanks to everyone who has come out so far and I hope to see the rest of you soon.

• Like 2

Up to this point the roads have been pretty passable. We had about 2" of snow and then it stopped for a few hours. Within the last 45 minutes it has really started snowing hard and looks to continue like that for a while and I haven't had any new reports.

Today looks like a great day. We got 5" to 8" of natural snow yesterday and last night. The exact measurement is tough due to the winds and drifting but it is definitely light, dry snow and should make for great conditions.

We will be adding to the parks tonight. With the heavy, blowing snow last night it was not possible to get features in and set-up properly.

Four of the next five nights look like excellent snowmaking and we should have the full mountain open by Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Edited by BC-Mark
  • Like 1

We usually try to leave fresh snow on Upper Grizzly, Extreme and Kodiak but the winds last night forced us to groom it to keep it on the trail. If we had not packed it in we would have lost the majority of it. Sasquatch was a bit more shielded because of the wind was coming out of the northeast and it faces almost due south so we were able to leave it untouched.

• Like 1

Just got back from a morning session. The park setup was nice. All rail lips were pretty much perfect. The 2 jumps in the jump line were built great, but speed was an issue because of the snow that was made last night (sticky as all hell). With a bit of melting during the day with the sun, then freezing back up at night, the jump line should be great.

Keep up the great work park crew!

• Like 1

this might not be the right thread but they really need to chill with all the salt on the lips. it gets wayyyyyy too slow

We've had to use salt once so far I believe. I'm pretty sure what you are experiencing is what I ran into at the bottom of Sasquatch yesterday. I hit a bump, landed where I wanted to, my skis stayed put in the sticky snow and I didn't. I launched about 20 feet out of my skis and on to my face hahaha. If there is a rouge member salting everything though I'll try and figure out who it is for ya lol.

• Like 3

$10 lift tickets tomorrow :wiggle

Bear Creek celebrates our 10 year Anniversary on Wednesday, 12/23 and to celebrate they are offering $10 extended lift tickets. Since everything is open, this is a great deal!

There's some other stuff going on as well. Check out the website for more details.

http://www.bcmountainresort.com/winter/custPage.aspx?id=70

Edited by mbike-ski
  • Like 2

Thanks to everyone who came out for our 10th Anniversary Celebration.

It was great to see everyone who has supported us over the last 10 years and this cold weather has been the best anniversary gift we could hope for.

The next 10 days look good overall with a slight exception on Saturday. After the natural snow and the cold weather this week we have plenty of snow to weather the light rain forecast for Saturday.

We return to snowmaking temperatures right after the brief warm-up and should have great mid-winter conditions for the holiday week.

Thanks again for helping us succeed.

Tom continues to add to the parks. After the end of this 36 hour snowmaking period he should have plenty of snow to work with and build some great features. Our plan is to make snow tonight and tomorrow night with a break until the next cold snap starting Sunday night.

• Like 2

conditions were soo sick today. jumps are all awesome and everything thats out right now is super sick. the staircase needs a little poppier lip to be able to disaster to the middle down but other then that everything is great.

I'm on bright and early tomorrow at 7am. I'll see if I can carve it down a bit.

My Saturday night was filled with nightmares about driving into the mountain on Sunday morning to find bare, muddy trails. To my amazement, I crested the hill in the drive to find the slopes still covered and mostly white. I knew we had a lot of snow out there but even I was surprised by how well we weathered Friday