Terrain Park

sjb269

Does anybody know what the plan is for the terrain park? There are a few things bothering me right now. First of all, the last two weeks were perfect for 24/7 blowing of snow and there is 1 jump on the entire mountain (not even built right) and no snow being blown for others. Secondly, the website and sno literature says they have a half pipe. There is no snow blown for this at all. By this point in the season there should be at least three decent sized jumps on the main park with a flowing variety of rails. Is there anyone in charge of the park that has any idea what they are doing? I can already tell that sno lost alot of the park guys that were there last year as they must have all went to boulder to ski/ride. I gave them the benefit of the doubt for the last two weeks, now im just getting pissed off! They need to hire an experienced person that actually skis or rides to run and manage the park. It seems like sno knows that boulder markets the shit out of their park and assume that its not even worth investing in their own park because it will never compare. In reality if snos park was 75% of boulders park and had nicely groomed,maintained, and built feautures sno would have the total package since you can actually ski at sno as well... These are my thoughts, what does everyone else thinks that goes to sno for the park and knows what they are talking about?

Yea, I was up monday and wednesday, Mainline was closed both days...

I didn't even attempt the only jump on spike having watching from the lift, all I see is kids either landing flat or over shooting it, I don't hit jumps unless i'm riding with people who know how fast to hit it, and none of my friends want to hit it.

I don't think thats how sno feels, I think they just don't want to spend money on the park at this point... PROVE ME WRONG

yeah, they didn't do ANYTHING for the pipe yet.

Don't get me wrong, I love boulder but HATE the drive and the slow ass lifts, I like variety in my mtn, I really think that if sno was serious they could be a contender with boulder, just need to throw away there crappy ryan neptune shit, fire there park staff and get a new company OR hire guys that knew there shit to do the park, (Man that felt good to say, but the truth is its not the staffs fault, I'd put money on them loosing hours and snowmaking for the park)

I'm no expert so Idk why i'm pretending to be, but IMO, this is the worst year ever for the park... last year would have been the 2nd worse, my year would have been the best. there first year was even better than this year... but for only being in business for 4 yeaars, gotta give them a break, boulder's been doing this a hell of a lot longer and it's not really fair to compare them

on a scale from 1-10 how bipolar are my posts?

Edited by Santa

Does anybody know what the plan is for the terrain park? There are a few things bothering me right now. First of all, the last two weeks were perfect for 24/7 blowing of snow

What part of sky high rates for blowing snow during peak hours don't you comprehend? Sure they could blow snow 24/7 if that's what you want, but you'll be driving to Camelback or Boulder when they go bankrupt in a week.

and there is 1 jump on the entire mountain (not even built right) and no snow being blown for others.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong again. Well your second failure is opinion so i'll let you pass on that one.

Secondly, the website and sno literature says they have a half pipe. There is no snow blown for this at all.

If you could direct me to where it says the halfpipe is open that'd be swell.

By this point in the season there should be at least three decent sized jumps on the main park with a flowing variety of rails. Is there anyone in charge of the park that has any idea what they are doing? I can already tell that sno lost alot of the park guys that were there last year as they must have all went to boulder to ski/ride. I gave them the benefit of the doubt for the last two weeks, now im just getting pissed off!

blah blah blah, once again all opinion I won't comment

They need to hire an experienced person that actually skis or rides to run and manage the park. It seems like sno knows that boulder markets the shit out of their park and assume that its not even worth investing in their own park because it will never compare.

Seems as though you are talking out your ass again... The person who does the park does ride. Whether he knows what he is doing or not, again is opinion

In reality if snos park was 75% of boulders park and had nicely groomed,maintained, and built feautures sno would have the total package since you can actually ski at sno as well... These are my thoughts, what does everyone else thinks that goes to sno for the park and knows what they are talking about?

Take a stroll over to Mainline and have a look if you don't think they are making snow. Look from highball and you can see there's now at least a 5 foot base in some areas and they are still blasting it.

Looks to me like things are getting added to the park. The big rainbow went up and and the S-box is also in although it looks like somebody put their head through the topsheet. The features look to be pretty nicely groomed to me but I don't know much.

And to add, Sno is still in the building process. They weren't bought out by peak resorts who are already established and have millions to blow. Sno needs the money they are making to make changes that are needed and to keep the lifts turning. If they start making money and turning profit you'll see more money being allocated for the park. Until then be happy with the money they already spent on the rails and boxes to upgrade from montage. Or have you forgotten that montage had about 4 boxes and a couple rails that should have been used for a skate park? Give it time and you'll see things get better.

Edited by riderossi

Keep in mind Big Boulder rebranded themselves as Big Boulder PARK. They're one of the best parks on the East Coast. While I'd love to see Sno be on par with them.... I think it's better to compare and contrast Sno's park to Camelback's, Elk's, or even Blue's.

there is spine with the small mailbox ontop

c-box, rainbow box, and off to the right side there is a flat box stuck in the snow like a wall ride, also a slightly banked flat box next to it.

a tabletop jump or I think an A-frame box?

then there is a box that has a short flat section 2 foot maybe, to a mellow down

that white pvc pipe

flat box, or picnic table at an up angle that will drop you onto landing

and then the small up to flat box

as usual I may have left a thing or two out, but you get the idea.

I don't get it, this is probably the worst year for the park yet and they've had the best snowmaking conditions in in the 4 years they've been open (Think this is the 4th) I think today was the first time it rained in all winter. two years ago they had complete rebuilds of the park every 2 weeks due to the rain. they've had consistent cold nights and no melt downs, there's absolutely no excuse for why sno's park isn't top fucking shape right now.

Granted I haven't been up since Wednesday so if the park has changed considerably since then I apologize.