JF 1/17/10

Barb

Got out on the snow about 8:15 and ran into JFSKIDAN. He was headed over to East mt. I did some warm up runs on exhibition...frozen crud. Moved over to thunderbolt which was a little better. I never went over to east and just hung around thunderbolt and challenge. Place was pretty empty until ab out 1030 but even after that lift lines not more than a few minutes.

Went out after lunch and only took 3 runs in the pouring rain. Ski team was setting up a race on challenge and I was hanging out waiting to watch Stephen. Snow was heavy and I was soaked so I just went in the lodge. Gotta hang out till 2:30 until he's done. Man I'm bored and I forgot my book.

I'm sure conditions could not be helped because of the warm up we had but overall I've ridden better days at JFBB. Kids want to tube tomorrow so not sure what I'm doing

nice seeing you again Barb......after me and Barb exchanged the secret JF handshake, i headed over to east mountain wher i found PC and the un-grounded Serch. PC was testing out his toboggons (aka ninthwards) before he heads out west. Those things are really ugly....his descrition of the color was spot on. Floyds and challenge seemed to be the best runs for the day. the elevator was challenging for all of us today, we all had our own issues there. the snow was real hardpack, which made turning kinda interesting. i rolled out around 11, to try to keep ahead of the rain/snow/ice/freezing rain/sleet.

jahhdip

Mike and I got there really early and pretty much caught first runs down challenge.... Snow was FAST today!!

I was trying out my water skis for the first time ever and they like to sail for sure.

Speed is definitely not an issue, they charge hard!! Went down river shot a few times and then met up with JFskiDan and headed for the elevator. I kinda went down it hesitantly as I was not real comfortable on the big stix but had no issues with it. On my 2nd run down the elevator I decided to redeem myself and hit it BALLER style full on go from the top... my right ski popped on my 2nd turn, (left) then my left ski hit the ejected ski, and popped which sent me superman down the elevator. I jammed my pole in so I could get headed down feet first stomache down rather than head first superman style, I then tossed the poles so I didnt get impaled as I slid the rest of the way down the white monster we call Vader... LMAO It was definitely the yard sale of this decade so far. I was laughing so hard and wish we caught that one on video cause it was funny as hell....although in a scary sense until I got myself feet first. Head first belly down sliding at mach 50 isn't exactly kosher on a face that has rocks on it (although 95% covered today to my advantage!!) Dan ended up leaving around noonish and Mike and I kept hitting the elevator and floyds until Dominick made his way over from boulder. The three of us hit Elevator a few times as well as challenge, etc.. Today was groomers paradise as the snow was soft, smooth, and fast. Dom had a seriously cool recovery on vader when he got crossed up got off balance and popped off the side straight back up into his turns.. Another one that would've been killer on video, but the cameras stayed in the pockets today. The rains came and we all bolted around 1:15.

A pretty darn good day for my last one of the month in Pennsyltucky.

Headed to Lake Tahoe next... whut whut!!

Hmm if I knew it was you I would of introduced myself, I pulled in right as you guys were walking away. Maybe if I see you around, I wear black pants, white helmet, blue goggles and either a dark green jacket or a brown instructors jacket. There every sat/sun.

Doug... JH might be in the cards for 2011 with the Blue crew.. Gotta see how things work out, but a return trip there is in my future for sure.. I'd like to hit either Utah or Whistler first though, but all depends on if my friends head out there or not..

JH is sick and I need to get back there though... If I get enough brew in me, I might even hit the dance floor all kid n play style yo.. This fat guy still has some moves in him and I'll do anything to get peeps to laugh. Don't think I'd screw my foot up though, more than likely I'll pull a groin doin a half split...

gd - brown instructors jacket and black pants can be a tough one to find....lol

Dominick (Pa Ridge Racer) has the same gear as he teaches over at Boulder.

I know it's a bit away but my next trip to JF is going to be Feb 6 or 7th, but I'll look out for you then..

Always cool to see other PASR's around...

PC as you know there is no other way to ski Vader other than BALLER style.

I wish our wipeouts were caught on camera today. I missed yours (jfskidan where were you with the camera) and I have no idea how I recovered from mine...which I thought was a certain yardsale courtesy of Vader; but I miraculously ended up back on my skis.

PC have fun in Tahoe. We'll see you next month.