Ticket discount???

skimom

Night riding is its own element. At night when I ride with a bunch of my friends everything is totally different. Fewer ski patrol, fewer people, no lines. Jumps will have been bulit by that time and ski patrol doesn't care by that time. It doesn't get much better. True its a little colder, but with a few extra layers I've never had a terrible problem that brought me inside.

Better lighting (IMO) less people, consistant trail conditions, laid back staff.

The fact that I can get 2 times as many runs from 7-10 than I can get from 12-5 on a weekend means alot. The night is so much more peaceful anyways. I go snowboarding largely because it gets me away from everything, so the peaceful factor means alot. Also, the night crowd is fairly skilled. Maybe not on the same par as the 8am crowd, but its a more relaxed crowd than the 8am bunch.

Hit one of the lesser used runs on a night with a light snow falling and pull off to the side. Just listen to the quiet. It's amazing how peaceful and calming it is. Kind of like back country skiing. When you can hear the snow falling, you know you're there. Then someone comes bombing down the trail and ruins the moment committing "calmus interruptus".

PAX

Edited by Margaritaville Skier