Ticket discount???

skimom

Anyone know if Elk is giving ticket discounts for those with an old ticket?  I heard a vague rumor that they were, but have not been able to confirm it.  I don't see anything about it on their website... :skilady:

I was at Elk on Weds. and only paid 20 bucks...on the ticket is says "show this ticket and receive half off your next ticket." The woman at the window had an old ticket and gave my brother and I the discount...I was not as impressed with Elk as I was in earlier years. I don't think it is worth the drive.

Tons of snow...by 10:30 it was in very bad shape...I'm not one for the park, but by the looks of it most of you guys would be disappointed by it. The staff that I encountered were very friendly (discounted ticket and binding fixed for free at the repair shop). Overall I had a good day...any day on the mountain is better than a day at work. I just felt for the drive I would have been better off at hunter, especially mid-week.

• 5 months later...
Tons of snow...by 10:30 it was in very bad shape...I'm not one for the park, but by the looks of it most of you guys would be disappointed by it.  The staff that I encountered were very friendly (discounted ticket and binding fixed for free at the repair shop).  Overall I had a good day...any day on the mountain is better than a day at work.  I just felt for the drive I would have been better off at hunter, especially mid-week.

23728[/snapback]

Elk is much better than Camelback, aside from the slow lifts. But the lines aren't bad. If you buy before December 10 or something, season passes are $655. I just e-mailed them to get the info.

Elk has the most expensive season passes around here, even with the early-purchase discounts. :angry:

The other "local" resorts seem to be scaled to perceived quality:

JFBB/shawnee at the cheap end

Blue / CB at the higher end.

Elk is $100+ more than either blue or CB, is it that good?

Elk has the most expensive season passes around here, even with the early-purchase discounts. :angry:

The other "local" resorts seem to be scaled to perceived quality:

JFBB/shawnee at the cheap end

Blue / CB at the higher end.

Elk is $100+ more than either blue or CB, is it that good?

32990[/snapback]

well considering im a park rat im gonna say no, but their conditions are probably the best in our area... But even with that, i would never pay for a season pass there, their asking price is ridiculous! If im gonna spend that much ill just move to vermont where I can have 100's of more feet in vert.

agreed they need a high speed quad and it's way the hell up there...I don't mind driving the less than half hour to CB or blue but elk is an hour drive.

33002[/snapback]

When the boys didn't care what mountain they went to, I always picked ELK in spite of the longer drive and slower lifts.

• 3 weeks later...
When the boys didn't care what mountain they went to, I always picked ELK in spite of the longer drive and slower lifts.

33010[/snapback]

I don't mind the slower lifts. It gives me time to chill out. Honestly, I think that at CB, the only thing the high speed lifts do is get more people to the top faster. Only the people don't go down too fast, thereby clogging the runs. It was 605 for my pass, bought it last week. I agonized over whether to get Elk or CB and I had to pick Elk. I'd rather drive farther and pay more to have better experience. I think the terrain at Elk is more challenging than CB, you have less One Timers... and the runs are longer.