TERRAIN PARK

sjb269

Is there anyone on here that actually works for sno mountain? I have a few questions about the park. It takes about three days of blowing non stop to make enough snow to form a huge table, stepup, stepdown for pa standards. The resort has been open for Well over a month and sno continues to put up UNSAFE jumps where the landings are not steep or long enough, not to mention they are old school straight up tables. They should utilize the natural lay of the slope like planet did when they built their 3 jump line a few years back. There should be a nice booter right before that straight box is right before the drop off half way down the hill. Yeah a box is cool, but you could save a ton of snow by utilizing that slope as a landing. Sno obviously needs to step the FUCK up. My moms an english teacher and could make a better park setup. I do freestyle and all mountain skiing, but like i said b4 if sno doesnt step up their park im out. IM not even a hard core park rat, im sure they bailed after last year. Im sure alot of other people will do the same in the following years. Also, time is wasted making stupid ass features that make no sense that NOBODY even hits. I will do the research to find the correct methodology for setting up a terrain park if there is someone that looks at this site that will implement the correct jump building standards. If you are out there let me know and ill dig some shit up. There is NO way freestyle skiers can progress past a certain point at sno mountain, which makes sno mountain a waste of time and money to these people, I am just trying to provide some insight and let you know the market is out there and the crowd will come if you build it correctly ;-)

I understand you're trying to help, and give real feedback... but ya did throw in an all caps F bomb.... which would have me ignore the post assuming it's just another butthurt rant if I were an actual mountain rep.

Personally, I always felt Sno's jumps were extremely awkward. You go down a steep, hit a flat, then climb this enormous mound of snow hoping you don't lose all your speed in order to clear it. I would love to see Sno ditch that method and go with a wedge-style jump *right* before a headwall.... and use that steep headwall as the landing. I don't know. There must be a reason they do it like that.... I'd love to know.

But either way, I don't think their park is that subpar. Yeah Boulder's got it beat, but I really don't think Sno's competing for those kids (the hardcore park rats).

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seriously thats the product you put out sno? Its 2010, thats pretty sad. And if this doesnt embed correctly, its a video showing what sno's jumps look like.

Seriously thats the product you put out sno? Its 2010, thats pretty sad. And if this doesnt embed correctly, its a video showing what sno's jumps look like.

Try copying the URL (not the embed)... then use the Insert Media tool on these forums. :wiggle

I went up today for the first time this season, figured id get a couple runs in before vt tommorow. Well they have one jump on spike and one on Mainline. They both total about 10ft each and are terrible. Rails werent so bad, but When only half of spike has features it makes the park shitty. NF was great though.

I was up yesterday from 4 until about 830. The snow was pretty nice. Lower Fasttrack had some cookies on it, but it wasn't terrible. I didn't really hit any of the features in the park so I won't comment on them. The jump on Mainline was small but it wasn't terrible. Not a bad little thing to mess around on.

Whitel Lightning was the run of the day. Big soft bumps of snow as pure as the FINEST COLOMBIAN, and between them was chalk that would make every 7th grade Social Studies teacher's mouth water. Great run, and right now only the top half is bumped.