2/26/10 POW DAY!

Rossboy14

Just wanted to share some pics of the day. We had about 18 inches fall on us the past 24 hours. The night winds made for some great powder drifts on the side of some trails (In bounds though, please stay in bounds :yes ). I should have a video of the day posted by tomorrow afternoon. If anyone has some more pics feel free to share.

post-2846-126722149664_thumb.jpg

post-2846-12672215041_thumb.jpg

post-2846-126722151132_thumb.jpg

post-2846-126722152306_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to share some pics of the day. We had about 18 inches fall on us the past 24 hours. The night winds made for some great powder drifts on the side of some trails (In bounds though, please stay in bounds :yes ). I should have a video of the day posted by tomorrow afternoon. If anyone has some more pics feel free to share.

Nice pic of Gerhart!!!!

Cool pictures, but yeah I don't see any powdah!

Anyways, I got my ticket punched once for skiing "out of bounds" years ago when we had a storm like this one (1996 I believe). CB is one of the only ski "resorts" that won't let you stray from the beaten path. 99.9% of the time you can't anyways, but let the powder hounds enjoy their powder on the odd years that it is available.

It looks like they groomed the hell out of it and ruined a potentially amazing powder day. But this is typical of any PA mountain so no suprise, why groom anything with a steep enough pitch to ride in deep powder sad.gif They should just groom the flat endings so people can make it back to the lift. If they left rocket untouched I bet that was money though. I'm so glad I was in VT today for the powdah instead happy.gif

Cool pictures, but yeah I don't see any powdah!

Anyways, I got my ticket punched once for skiing "out of bounds" years ago when we had a storm like this one (1996 I believe). CB is one of the only ski "resorts" that won't let you stray from the beaten path. 99.9% of the time you can't anyways, but let the powder hounds enjoy their powder on the odd years that it is available.

Umm.. dude with the exception of JFBB I think most if not all other ski resorts in PA wont let you stray from the beaten path and if they catch you will most likely punch your ticket. That dosen't mean we don't do it though nana.gif

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

No one likes being in the trees and pow as much as me (trust me, I know all of the good places at CB from years of experience).

A few things to consider:

Trees hurt

Snowmaking equipment hurts

Rocks hurt

etc.

It will be harder to see you if you get hurt (by patrol or passer-by)

It will be harder to rescue you.

It will take longer to rescue you.

It will be more dangerous for the rescuers to rescue you.

And at some resorts (not CB...yet) you will be charged alot of money for that rescue.

Be very careful, especially at CB. There has been no preparation for "off trail" skiing.

Remember the Responsibility Code, when re-entering the trail....look uphill!

Dont ski alone!

and most of all, remember....those tracks that are there first.....are mine!

• Like 1

Looking to eat some bark Ski 911? I know you can handle it.

Hey it happened again, I headed south and the snows came.

Regards to the crew in red and yellow.

Margaritaville Skier

No one likes being in the trees and pow as much as me (trust me, I know all of the good places at CB from years of experience).

A few things to consider:

Trees hurt

Snowmaking equipment hurts

Rocks hurt

etc.

It will be harder to see you if you get hurt (by patrol or passer-by)

It will be harder to rescue you.

It will take longer to rescue you.

It will be more dangerous for the rescuers to rescue you.

And at some resorts (not CB...yet) you will be charged alot of money for that rescue.

Be very careful, especially at CB. There has been no preparation for "off trail" skiing.

Remember the Responsibility Code, when re-entering the trail....look uphill!

Dont ski alone!

and most of all, remember....those tracks that are there first.....are mine!

Aren't you a CB ski patrol? Are you giving us permission to hit the off piste at CB as long as we understand the inherent risks of skiing and riding and following the Responsibility Code, without whistleing, screaming, pointing, punching or pulling tickets/passes? :drool

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I refuse to reply, on the grounds that it will incriminate me. Off trail skiing is still not an approved practice at CB. I believe that the punishment portion has eased up, however, that is why I stress the following the Responsibility Code thing.

Don't ski by "CLOSED" signs and nets

Look uphill when re-entering trails

Ski in control (if you suck...don't go in the woods)

I have taken it upon myself to "sweep" all of the "off trail" sections for your safety. That is the only reason I will go into the woods! ;)

I refuse to reply, on the grounds that it will incriminate me. Off trail skiing is still not an approved practice at CB. I believe that the punishment portion has eased up, however, that is why I stress the following the Responsibility Code thing.

Don't ski by "CLOSED" signs and nets

Look uphill when re-entering trails

Ski in control (if you suck...don't go in the woods)

I have taken it upon myself to "sweep" all of the "off trail" sections for your safety. That is the only reason I will go into the woods! ;)

I know but hey I had to try :nana

I've only ever met one CB ski patroller that can actually ski, and too bad he's living in Lake Tahoe right now :nana

Only kidding '911, but I'm sure everyone appreciates your sweeps of the woods. At least you have everyone's safety in mind :drool

Sounds like you need to hold more safety meetings to me...