Conditions?

oldtimeskier

Just got back from Elk. Arrived at 10am. Very sunny and warm. First few runs had me worried as it was very sticky. I have never skied spring anywhere and am used to the cold winter conditions. The sticky snow makes you feel like you are going to go head first over your skis. My boys told me that it was sticky with the snow boards but not sure how they would explain this on a board.

Luckily the clouds rolled in and slowed the melt. The hill got less sticky and I felt safer ripping down the hills.

First trip to Elk. We liked it. Definitely will return. Not on a day trip though as it was 270 miles round trip from Doylestown.

Beautiful scenery, long runs and nice people.

Hit Chets on the way out for lunch and a few beers. Interesting place, looks better on their website. Nice waitress who was also the cook!

Overall a good day, hope to get back in the winter. Not sure that spring skiing is for me!

I was up at Elk today too. Snow was great, really soft, yet firm. Plenty of snow in the woods to play around in too. There wasn't really any specific run of the day, everything was nice. Temperatures were super warm. I was in just a hoodie and sunglasses, too hot for a helmet or goggles today.