places to stay around killington

mollyskeez

Don't know if you are going as couple, with family, or alone. Mid week or weekend or how cheap you are looking for.

If you are going midweek it's hard to beat the ski-and-stay deals offered by VT areas. I used to be amazed that people would find a "great" rate at a fleabag motel and then pay full price for a lift ticket and think they got a deal. :rolleyes: Most of the midweek ski-and-stay packages cost the same for a nice hotel room or condo (depending on how many are in your party)plus a lift ticket as you would pay per person just for a lift ticket. So essentially you get to stay in a nice place for free.

If you are going on a weekend or holiday it is a different story.

Haven't stayed her but it comes highly recommended by a friend I trust. If the ski and stay doesn't work for you, you may want to check out the Turn of the River Lodge

When I was going to Killington regularly, I was staying at the Mountain Sports Inn. It's on the lower part of the access road, on your left as your driving in from Rt 4. It's not the most inexpensive place to stay, but I like it. Bob (the owner) is a super cool dude. And he's a great skier. He serves up a pretty good breakfast, eggs, bacon, french toast or pancakes. Just what you want, protein, starch and fat. He likes to say hi to repeat customers at breakfast. If you've scored a pow day, Bob will let you know which way the wind is blowing, and sorta where to find the best goods. If you ask nicely (use beer) he'll teach you how to tune your skies if you don't already know. He also has a tuning room set up for guests to use (just an iron and vices, you have to bring your own wax and tools). There's a hot tub in the basement and they are safety meeting friendly. Oh yeah, he also gives repeat customers a discounted rate. The room is the room, there's nothing special about it, but it's not a shit hole either.

• Like 2

It also depends on when your going... If you going before X-Mas, you can score a pretty decent deal on a ski and stay package at a condo... Probably cost you about $75 to $80 a night for lift and lodging... However, whether that is a better deal than a cheap hotel and a discounted lift ticket depends on when they start hiking the prices... With this cold front coming through, I would expect a pretty quick price hike very shortly after Thanksgiving...

Edited by Ride Delaware ?

It also depends on when your going... If you going before X-Mas, you can score a pretty decent deal on a ski and stay package at a condo... Probably cost you about $75 to $80 a night for lift and lodging... However, whether that is a better deal than a cheap hotel and a discounted lift ticket depends on when they start hiking the prices... With this cold front coming through, I would expect a pretty quick price hike very shortly after Thanksgiving...

Before powdr bought K, you could get crazy cheap deals in the condo lockouts. $45 a night.