BCironworks 2010-2011

skeer_tomas

Funny you say that Kyle, I tried to mag one of the bears to do just that. FAILED lol it didnt get warm enough then cold enough for any freezing to happen

it would be hard to make and probably wouldnt last an entire day but it would be fun as hell and extremely interesting.

it would be hard to make and probably wouldnt last an entire day but it would be fun as hell and extremely interesting.

exactly... photo shoot with the locals??? i think so. or just get someone out there dressed in the bear suit like 2 years ago when they did it.

The new little spine in cascade is fun, but would be better with a feature on top. Maybe the mailbox or hitching post like year. Black Bear needs a rebuild with some more jumps and creative rail setups. The current setup is getting old.

butter pad to urban down rail!

Awesome conditions today despite the cold. New setup is sweet. Bigger hit on the 2nd jump in black bear is perfect, smaller one is super easy to over shoot...a longer landing would be nice. Last jump in is also really nice...lots of air time for a small jump. Cannon rail was cool and big tubing jump was really smooth. The gap-butter pad-down rail is going to be sweet, it just needed to be smoothed out a bit.

Yeah pretty much everything that was new needs some fine tuning but like Burton71 said the small sides in black bear are REALLY easy to over shoot... was hitting the cannon and bottom tubing jump all day (which are now dope, the cannon doesnt send you to flat anymore) then went to the blackbear jumps and spun three to FLAT first try haha. landings for everything need to be bigger and the first big down rail in cascade is DOPE. the angle on the down rail is too steep for the butter pad because if you take speed to barely clear the gap part there still is too much speed after speed checking on the pad, which shouldnt have to be done because it will destroy the top part... i assume they dont rebuild it everynight so minimal speed checking on top would make it be in better condition for longer. i want to see the short handrail before the donkey setup as an up to barrel bonk. i didnt hit the BMX jumps because the downrails were too fun but i heard they were pretty fun. Not sure whats going on with the wavy jump thing next to the 420 box on blackbear but i guess it could vere the gapers away from skiing between those 4 rails. The first jump in cascade could be a little poppier, there is barely any air time compared to how big the jump is. Mark was out taking pictures yesterday and they are dope, i think they showcase the park pretty well for one day. he did the small baclkbear jump, then the cannon rail and bottom tubing jump. The double lips in blackbear are crammed but i think it would be a better use of snow to have the jumps get progressivly bigger through the line, instead of having two lips on each one. have the first one 15-20 ft second 30-35 i dont know about the snow situation in that park but i think a rail line down the side like previous years would be good, to have a flat box, the c box, and a shorter flat rail, or if there is snow take the knuckles of the jumps pretty far out to the sides and put the rails up on them. Over all its a good setup and i think it will get better after a few days of riding/grooming.