BCironworks 2010-2011

skeer_tomas

@jibfuck if i remember correctly i said out west not opening the park until it has enough snow, aka they make their own snow just like we do in little old macungie. its just how they go about opening it not opening to say we have all the parks open but with nothing in them. they dont built their 20 foot mounts of snow with natural snow you retard

Here's what I'm going to put in Bear's suggestion box : Blow snow into February so DildoRider2690 will have the park set to his personal standards. Be happy you're on your board. Also, how does the park not have "flow"? How much more flow do you want? So you have to miss a baby jump in cascade if you want to hit the sick Arbor rail. Hit the bigger one on lower cascade. Stop being a prissy bitch.

• Like 2

@jibfuck if i remember correctly i said out west not opening the park until it has enough snow, aka they make their own snow just like we do in little old macungie. its just how they go about opening it not opening to say we have all the parks open but with nothing in them. they dont built their 20 foot mounts of snow with natural snow you retard

LOL great use of the word fuck, extremely creative, sort of like the butterbox to bonk/downrail. How do you know they don't build hits out of the natural snow they receive? Have you ever managed a resort out west and have some insider knowledge? NO, you assuming things and we all know when you assume you make an ass out of u and me.

• Like 1

i dont get why all you assholes take what i say as suggestions and blow them out of proportion. no one here can deny that they want a good park. ok so think about how can you get to that point. close the trail and make snow. then close the other and make snow on that. by the time you know it you have to awesome parks. and for the park building out west, obviously they use the natural snow but you retard there is no way they dont make snow for it. i know for a fact that in Breckenridge they keep freeway terrain park closed and blow the shit out of it. they make the superpipe and huge as booters almost all of man made snow. so there is no assuming there so you are the only one looking like an idiot trying to argue something you dont know. and im not the only one here replying saying the same shit, so your one of the very few people that do not agree with me

Edited by k2rider2690

LOL. go ride and have fun. stop complaining and focusing on what you dont like and maybe you would have fun riding the park because its actually really fun with lots of possibilities. dont go to bear if you dont like it and save yourself the pent up anger you seem to have over the little things.

why did this thread turn hostile? its an open forum, people can express what theyre thinking. big deal if someone doesnt like bears park. the park will never be perfect in everyones eyes.

true but constructive critiscism is always more effective than hate. no one that works at bear wants to come on here to read people hate theyll just ignor it. it would be mroe helpful to say what bears doing right, and what would be enjoyable if they changed a bit.

• Like 1

I guess im incompetent because i actually like to carry speed into rails and actually jump onto them, compared to practically riding right onto them... "the big boy park", now thats a complete joke when looking at the features they have set up, give me a break. And cascade is soooooo boring, the hip and down flat are fun but other then that theres nothing fun to ride. oh and I didnt know that they had to be open for a month to have properly set up down rails. Freedom was 10x better then cascade is on Boulders opening weekend.

If you can't carry enough speed to hit a line of rails in cascade, maybe you shouldn't be there.

• Like 1

If you can't carry enough speed to hit a line of rails in cascade, maybe you shouldn't be there.

haha your just making a fool out of yourself bro, ill vouch for him hes way legit and knows exactly what hes talking about. Ill 2nd the bullshit four inch "urban" setups with a gap onto them too, let the rail overhang the lip and make it worth jumping up onto, bear is the only mountain i have ever seen set stuff up that way.

oh and i understand its early season and blah blah but 4 hits on a top to bottom run through blackbear or even cascade if your wanna hit the tubing jumps?..they definetly have enough snow to throw two or 3 more rails down.

but hey im not gonna complain too much the resort has been open for a week. my only suggestions at this point are change the way some of the rails are set up (mainly the arbor down flat and the rail next to the candycane) and throw a few more rails down to keep everyone happy for the time being. Otherwise so far so good, looking forward to seeing what can be done with some more snow.

haha your just making a fool out of yourself bro, ill vouch for him hes way legit and knows exactly what hes talking about. Ill 2nd the bullshit four inch "urban" setups with a gap onto them too, let the rail overhang the lip and make it worth jumping up onto, bear is the only mountain i have ever seen set stuff up that way.

Perfect example of constructive criticism. Thank you.

oh and i understand its early season and blah blah but 4 hits on a top to bottom run through blackbear or even cascade if your wanna hit the tubing jumps?..they definetly have enough snow to throw two or 3 more rails down.

but hey im not gonna complain too much the resort has been open for a week. my only suggestions at this point are change the way some of the rails are set up (mainly the arbor down flat and the rail next to the candycane) and throw a few more rails down to keep everyone happy for the time being. Otherwise so far so good, looking forward to seeing what can be done with some more snow.

true but constructive critiscism is always more effective than hate. no one that works at bear wants to come on here to read people hate theyll just ignor it. it would be mroe helpful to say what bears doing right, and what would be enjoyable if they changed a bit.

thats the problem though. you cant come into a thread and say what you dont like without someone getting up in your shit about it. its not just in the BC forums its in all of them.

Holy sh*t storm Batman! I know this is the internet but DANG!

I saw some comments about keeping parks closed until there is snow on them... makes sense to me and we pretty much did that with Cascade if you didn't notice. Until this past Thursday night when we changed stuff up there was literally 2 rails and 2; what we will call 'oddly shaped' piles of snow. Neither was to the standard that I prefer but their main function was to conserve snow before a rainstorm instead of spreading it out just to get melted.

Flow......I see the word flow tossed around a lot. Anyone can fully admit right now that Cascade doesn't not 'flow' very well top to bottom. In my mind and most everyone else's I think, 'flow' is the ability to cruise through the park without much thought about stopping, or drastically changing speed to hit every feature in a line. Like I said, we are stockpiling snow at the moment so please don't look at Cascade as a 'full build'. Think of it more as just putting rails out where we can rather than leave it an empty trail.

"Stockpiling snow you say? Well how come? The temps have been super low" Keep in mind, the wind & humidity have been super high as well. Notice how we have full coverage on most of Black Bear and half of cascade after a week. Also notice how we only have two lines down Black Bear. What you might not realize is that on skier's right of both trails we are sitting on less than a foot of snow and on cascade there's grass still sticking out. Wind played a HUGE factor in this. When we first started up the guns we had waaay wider coverage than the typical whale that you usually see.

Without speeching too much more, all I have to say is please be patient. As much as all of us would love parks to be built with the snap of a finger, it takes time.

BUT, here's the game plan for the next few nights just to give you guys a heads up.

-The hip in cascade will be pushed over to make the top jump.

-There should be a jump at the top of Black Bear tomorrow.

-The top jump in the jump line will be pushed down to make the big hit in there. The plan this year is to have the biggest, widest landing we can possibly make at the bottom so that we can change out the lip with whatever size we want without much effort.

-Hopefully, Sunday night we will have some more snowmaking in the parks. From there we will take both the trails to the full width and continue building bigger and better from there.

thanks,k,bye

Edited by skeer_tomas
  • Like 2

if bear creek is short on snow in some areas like tom said why are they not making snow? not to mention to be able to start to actually build stuff like tom says? i understand it is cold constantly lately but who knows two weeks from now could be in the upper 40s and start melting...its happened before

im thinking they need to conserve water, its pretty much a problem every year for bear. they only have ponds to draw from where as most mountains have a river or large lake to get their water from. if they pounded the entire mountain every night im pretty sure they would run out fairly quickly. I dont know this for sure but im thinking thats what is holding them back

im thinking they need to conserve water, its pretty much a problem every year for bear. they only have ponds to draw from where as most mountains have a river or large lake to get their water from. if they pounded the entire mountain every night im pretty sure they would run out fairly quickly. I dont know this for sure but im thinking thats what is holding them back

This, sorry if this is in a quote

This

Edited by JibHonk