BCironworks 2010-2011

skeer_tomas

The second jump in BB is pretty sweet now. Super wide and smooth transition that pops just right for the landing. Much better than this weekend.

i just wish it was bigger its like barely big enough to three. first jump in black bear needs to be rebuilt the landing has mellowed and it doesnt match up at all with the transition of the lips.

Anyone else think the first jump in cascade was a little to steep? Felt almost like a spine.

yeah its almost impossible to clear. and it would be ok that poppy if it wasn't such a bad transition it is gradual then it throws you so bad right at the end which basically destroys speed and makes you case almost every time. i was hitting it pretty much all day because it looked good from the lift but i think i may have cleared it like once, thats pushing in from where the boarders strap in then sitting on my tails till i had to stand up to hit it.

yeah its almost impossible to clear. and it would be ok that poppy if it wasn't such a bad transition it is gradual then it throws you so bad right at the end which basically destroys speed and makes you case almost every time. i was hitting it pretty much all day because it looked good from the lift but i think i may have cleared it like once, thats pushing in from where the boarders strap in then sitting on my tails till i had to stand up to hit it.

yeah i hit it once yesterday and knuckled and basically straightlined from by the lift. i thought the snow was real slow yesterday as well.

what is up with bear grooming every time we get snow? Its not that often so let everyone enjoy it dont groom every run!

They could at least leave it on the three steep runs they have. I'm not there so I don't know what they groomed. I've been there on a powder day though and really they have to groom because anything more than 6 inches and the mountain isn't even steep enough to get speed. Last time I was there for a day like this I caught one of the first chairs on B and hiked straight over to sasquatch, and even that was kinda slow.

yeh but the last snow we got when it was only a few inches there was no need to groom that because earlier in the year when we got the same amount they didnt have time to groom luckily and the slopes were fine and the most fun ive had all year

Yeah I see what ya mean, I guess it's just that we live in an area where people love their groomers and corduroy. If ya want pow around here i guess you gotta duck into the woods a bit, too bad all the resorts around here try so hard to keep people out of the woods :banghead It would be nice to see em only groom like one half of the slope or something so you at least had a choice.

i think they groomed it out because of the time that it came. last season when we got all that snow it snowed well into the morning so they probably had a chance to groom before the majority of the snow fell. this year the snows weve had have seemed to come in the afternoon/night so they kind of had to groom because there was an ungroomed trail under the new snow already. it would probably get pretty wreckless pretty quick if they didnt do that. only the three sttep ones are steep enough anyway. try trucking down blackbear in a foot of snow youll probabbly get stuck half way down haha.

i'd like to see the butter box replaced with an up rail in black bear. also, the butter pad to down rail is sweet but i found myself getting a little too much speed on tuesday, nothing a speed check cant fix.

I think it would be cool to have that skinny square rail next to the butter box where that weird mound of snow is. They could set it up as an up rail and if they keep it near the drop to the side, you could hit the rail and then drop down into the side like a hip.

I think it would be cool to have that skinny square rail next to the butter box where that weird mound of snow is. They could set it up as an up rail and if they keep it near the drop to the side, you could hit the rail and then drop down into the side like a hip.

literally exactly what i was thinking. i love that rail.

just got back from bear. snow was fast and light today. started to slow down a little when the natural snow started falling. park was in awesome shape. jump in cascade was nice and both double lips in black bear were pretty sweet. the candy cane was dug out today making it a little higher. the picnic table to down wide box was pretty fun as well. i loved the down flatbar next to A lift at the bottom of black bar. its set up well and slides well. all in all it was a pretty good day. rolled out around 1 after all the gapers started coming in haha

i saw you i think. today was pretty good out. its hard to spin in falling snow but the first jump in tubing is dope, everyone said the second one sucked and they were all casing so i didnt even bother hitting it. candy cane is sooo nice right now.

i saw you i think. today was pretty good out. its hard to spin in falling snow but the first jump in tubing is dope, everyone said the second one sucked and they were all casing so i didnt even bother hitting it. candy cane is sooo nice right now.

Yeah I saw you. I didn't hit the tubing jumps today. But everything else was nicely set up. And I agree about sinning in the snow, I was throwing 3s in black bear and when it started to snow it got harder to judge the landing. Say something next time you see me, im always looking for people to ride with

today was pretty decent considering all of the ice they got wednesday. snow was fast and slow in spots. park crew, can you please please please rake the fresh snow on the jumps and lips in the park. other than that everything else was prime.

Whens the next build planned?

i'd assume theyd rebuild blackbear for the slopestyle. butt ehh its pretty good right now the jumps could use some reworking though theyre getting a bit horrible.

PLEASE PUT A LIP ON THE SECOND ROLLEr in that thing after the first jump in cascade. and the candy cane lip got chopped off again.