Would you guys purchase something like this...

k2rider2690

So i wax my own boards in my basement like im sure most of you do. I have always used my scraper but i get wax all over even when i am careful. Then i use my vacuum to suck up the wax. So ive put together this design where it is all in one. As you are scraping it sucks the wax right up, no mess at all. If this were to be marketed would anyone here think of buying it or is this a stupid idea that no one would really use? Let me know your constructive thoughts and criticisms! Below are just some quick sketches of the idea

post-1298-056216600 1291839966_thumb.png

post-1298-001611600 1291839977_thumb.png

So i wax my own boards in my basement like im sure most of you do. I have always used my scraper but i get wax all over even when i am careful. Then i use my vacuum to suck up the wax. So ive put together this design where it is all in one. As you are scraping it sucks the wax right up, no mess at all. If this were to be marketed would anyone here think of buying it or is this a stupid idea that no one would really use? Let me know your constructive thoughts and criticisms! Below are just some quick sketches of the idea

hmm...interesting idea. I usually skip the vacuuming part and have made a mess all over my basement.

hmm...interesting idea. I usually skip the vacuuming part and have made a mess all over my basement.

likewise, although if executed well, i think it could have some merit. the real issue is, does it really make things easier or save you that much time? even in a ski shop where they're waxing tons of skis a day, it's not that big a deal to just wait til the end of the day and vacuum all the mess up at once.

likewise, although if executed well, i think it could have some merit. the real issue is, does it really make things easier or save you that much time? even in a ski shop where they're waxing tons of skis a day, it's not that big a deal to just wait til the end of the day and vacuum all the mess up at once.

Even after 1 pair of skis, I get it all over the floor and inadvertently track it all over the house.

yeh at a shop i dont see this really as a market because they can just let it all fall to the ground...but in a personal basement or where ever people wax their boards it saves the added hassle of cleaning up the wax and having it fall all over

have you looked at the swix fiberlene iron system at all? it basically removes the need to scrape whatsoever. instead of bare iron on your ski, you put what is basically a glorified dryer sheet between the iron and ski, which soaks up the excess wax and wipes your base smooth as you melt the wax. you pretty much just brush afterwards and you're good to go.