Roundtop Rail Jam

Justo8484

The carpet has to be thin. The thinner the faster. same goes for stiffness. I've never really had to opportunity to turn, although I'm sure you probably could. I usually wet down the carpet with like water and car wash. It takes awhile to get used to. I can answer specific questions.

Oh yeah, that indoor outdoor carpeting, or astroturf is supposed to work superbly. I use indoor carpeting. It just has to be stiff short bristles/threads. I have a 5' start ramp at roughly a 45 degree angle, and then its a slight downhill after that. Not much, maybe 10 degrees. The inrun after the start ramp is only like, 6-10 feet long. And last time, i mixed water with glass cleaner and car wash soap, and it worked exceptionally well, although I didn't actually slide the rail.

Just as you said, 2x4's and plywood.  3 foot deck. 5 foot high. 8 feet long all together. and a 5 foot down. It's kind of hard to measure speed... Um, enough to clear a 15 foot table depending on the snow.

26534[/snapback]

could you maybe post a pic. i've been thinking about trying something like this for a wile now.

My start ramp is getting pretty beat up from my step father moving it all the time. Its sturdy though, it just needs new actual plywood. We used OSB on the top. Andrew says 44inches. He's probably right because it was some weird length. My carpet on the start ramp is like, 3 feet wide, and the runners I got later on at 2' wide. The plywood is 3/4" thick I beleive. I'll try to get a picture.

• 3 weeks later...