First Annual Wetsuit Jam

Another Wall

What up everyone? So me and my brother have been doing some SERIOUS thinking in the past few days about some fun events that we could propose on the mountain for either contest, fundraising, or just fun/stoke purposes or a combination of all three. Anyway, we came up with the wetsuit jam. Basically it is prettY self explanatory, put on your wetsuit or just a bunch of beach gear and show up at bear creek. We don't have the specifics down yet, but we're either thinking about some kinda rail/ jump jam, a race, and or just a bunch of runs that you would go out and ask people to sponsor you for doing in your wetsuit and try to raise some money for charity. Let me know what you guys think. Any feedback or modifications are more than welcome.

a contest for charity sounds like a real good idea. not too many people have wetsuits though. a gaper day rail jam or something would be easy for everyone to do and would probably be pretty fun. im not sure if bear would be cool with it though.

I have about 6 wetsuits... all ranging in thickness though that could be a problem with the really thick ones so steeze sandwich, you're covered... but kyle, I realized that people may not have wetsuits, hence the "beach gear." And as far as charity goes I have been giving it a lot of thought today and collaborated with my other brother and we both kinda stumbled on the conclusion that the money should go towards an ocean related charity.

I have about 6 wetsuits... all ranging in thickness though that could be a problem with the really thick ones so steeze sandwich, you're covered... but kyle, I realized that people may not have wetsuits, hence the "beach gear." And as far as charity goes I have been giving it a lot of thought today and collaborated with my other brother and we both kinda stumbled on the conclusion that the money should go towards an ocean related charity.

i completley missed the beach gear line. my fault. but this is a solid idea. any type of rail jam/contest for charity will bring alot of people and bear will probably be okay with it as long as the contestants sign a waiver or something.

surfrider? they're pretty broad-reaching. or somehow block replenishment in deleware seashore state park so indian river will still break? cause naval jetties is skunked now.

I am actually a member of the surfrider foundation at UNCW. I could try to tie them in as a sponsor (as well as solicit the shit outta the thing to local skate/ snowboard shops and such for other sponsors) and then if possible try to hold the contest on a weekend in march (if I get some momentum going that is...). Also my brother was the president of west chesters' snowboard club recently so we would definitely contact them and local university's clubs (such as temple, etc.) And don't get me wrong, as much as I would love for the thing to be in march or even in this season for that matter, the short time frame may make this goal unrealistic. If so, next year would make for a much more put together and organized event that I think may actually raise some significant funds, and I could try to get some surfrider reps there or something. Stoked on this idea regardless of when it happens...

surfrider? they're pretty broad-reaching. or somehow block replenishment in deleware seashore state park so indian river will still break? cause naval jetties is skunked now.

The change in the place over the last ten years is incredible.....shame DENREC is more interested in where dogs are shitting and if you actually fishing with your surf tag.

The change in the place over the last ten years is incredible.....shame DENREC is more interested in where dogs are shitting and if you actually fishing with your surf tag.

The leash laws suck down there in the parks. Never been hassled about fishing while on the beach, and I'm quite often boogie boarding and kayaking while the rods in.

What is this surf lingo about spots being skunked???

The leash laws suck down there in the parks. Never been hassled about fishing while on the beach, and I'm quite often boogie boarding and kayaking while the rods in.

What is this surf lingo about spots being skunked???

they're doing beach replenishment all over the place. taking sand from far out in the ocean, pumping it to shore, and then dumping it basically where the wave you want to ride breaks, creating a longer beach for all the lazy people to lay on. it destroys any rideable wave for years before the ocean whips the contours of the sand back into a bar that will actually break and be rideable. the whole process is pretty frustrating because it seems it's always a quick fix, and never done in a sustainable, and still surfable, way. it's just like, ok, make the beach longer so we have more room for people to lay out and tan, but totally disregard the fact that people might actually go in the water.

they're doing beach replenishment all over the place. taking sand from far out in the ocean, pumping it to shore, and then dumping it basically where the wave you want to ride breaks, creating a longer beach for all the lazy people to lay on. it destroys any rideable wave for years before the ocean whips the contours of the sand back into a bar that will actually break and be rideable. the whole process is pretty frustrating because it seems it's always a quick fix, and never done in a sustainable, and still surfable, way. it's just like, ok, make the beach longer so we have more room for people to lay out and tan, but totally disregard the fact that people might actually go in the water.

gotta start skimboarding.