Frost 1-7-2011

JFskiDan

i pulled into an empty parking this morning at frost, much to my suprise. turns out it was empty because i keep forgetting they open at 9 am on weekdays. :banghead anyways, just before 9 am i headed down challange glade which was very nice with i guess about 3" of new snow. made my way over to East Mt, where i was the first one to enjoy the elvator glade and elevator. elevator was nice and powdery on top of some fresh man made snow. it would appear as though the slope got some snow blown on it, but the run out at the bottom is still real sketchy. i really only had to share the slopes with about 10 other people up until about 10 am, when it started getting a little more crowded. i rode the elevator a couple times before heading over to one park glade, where i found a nice pile of rocks traversing in between slopes. i guess we had a little meltdown over the past weekend. one park glade continues to be a one of the less skied tree runs, and it still had lots of untracked powder in it, unlike challange that got skied off pretty quick. back over to East for a few runs, where both lifts were spinning, which is an indication things are getting crowded, since they dont run both lifts together very often. the slopes on east mt where getting pretty congested, i made another few runs down the elevator and rolled at about 11:45.

a few crappy cell phone pics.

elevator glade

post-1753-0-94746300-1294426519_thumb.jpg

challenge glade

post-1753-0-63672600-1294426592_thumb.jpg

this is the snow gun fluffy made reference to a few post back. i applaude them for going to the great lengths to get this moved and set up here, but unless they are commited to this for a few more nights, im not sure i get it. this is below what i think is called little cliff huck, under the east mt lift. you can come down from challenge glade, (which seems to be where they concentrated making snow) then cross under the lift, onto this little trail, which i think is little cliff huck, but it really should be called "filled with lots of rocks". they may have been trying to fill in challenge glade, more so than make under the lift/little cliff huck skiable. its just a little odd to me, thats all. personally, i would rather see that fan gun parked at the base of the elevator.

post-1753-0-61875000-1294427382_thumb.jpg

all and all it was a great morning, its kinda just ashame that today of all days had to be the most crowded day of the year.

Nice report. I have a winter rental at snow ridge village that I checked into this afternoon. It was a shitshow around here for sure. I think I may be able to walk over to the green trails from this townhouse.

Looking forward to tomorrow.