Breakaway binding for 88cm or smaller skiblades?

eeli0s

i plan on using 88cm or preferably the smallest possible skiblades/boards if i can find them. the only disadvantage i could think of for breakaways is if they unexpectidly break off when hitting a rut,landing a jump,grinding etc. when using such short skis, does it even make it more likely for a worse injury if the bindings are locked in?

am i sort of 50/50 that breakaways could come off unexpectidly and locked in bindings can injur easier?

don't persuade me to try bigger skis. i used regular skis probably 20X and last time i borrowed 88cm skiboards and love the better controll. the only thing i miss out with small skis is speed, but all i have to do is not carve, and i'll soon go faster than i'd ever want to.

thanks

ive seen countless kids absolutely shatter, destroy, rip, or tear their knees or legs apart from non releasing snowlerblade bindings. it doesn't matter how small they are, if you go down and twist your legs up you're 100% fucked in some type of way.

ive seen countless kids absolutely shatter, destroy, rip, or tear their knees or legs apart from non releasing snowlerblade bindings. it doesn't matter how small they are, if you go down and twist your legs up you're 100% fucked in some type of way.

bingo! , justion. thanks for an actual answer! i'll get breakaways.

so you want to take a 4 hours bus ride to a mountain instead of driving and then ride on snowblades? is this for real?

i said 4 hours total, 2 each way, and YUP i'd rather take a relaxing bus/train for about the same cost as driving without putting miles on my car and being more 'green'.

It amazes me that snowblades even exist anymore. They're good for exactly zero things. Grow a pair and get real skis. You'll thank yourself a year from now when you learn how to actually carve a turn.

ii can carve a turn on long skis and have gone down non-hardcore black diamonds. all i'm doing the whole time is fighting the mountain and stopping myself from going too fast and avoiding the idiots near me. i'm not a speed junkie and prefer jumps and rails. i was hitting jumps and rails I'd never imagine to with long skis on my first day with 88cm so it's a win win for me. i understand what yer saying from a speed junkies perspective, but yeah i don't care about speed.

ii can carve a turn on long skis and have gone down non-hardcore black diamonds. all i'm doing the whole time is fighting the mountain and stopping myself from going too fast and avoiding the idiots near me. i'm not a speed junkie and prefer jumps and rails. i was hitting jumps and rails I'd never imagine to with long skis on my first day with 88cm so it's a win win for me. i understand what yer saying from a speed junkies perspective, but yeah i don't care about speed.

PA does not have a single legitimate black diamond that I have been on. If you like jumps you need to go fast or you will be on the kiddie jumps forever. If your "carving" is as you put it fighting the mountain and slowing down then you are not really carving.

It amazes me that snowblades even exist anymore. They're good for exactly zero things. Grow a pair and get real skis. You'll thank yourself a year from now when you learn how to actually carve a turn.

I'm amazed they ever existed in the 1st place? It doesn't take much on the new equipment to carve a turn. Super easy.

so you want to take a 4 hours bus ride to a mountain instead of driving and then ride on snowblades? is this for real?

It's not april yet

This is the dumbest thing I think I've ever seen on this site. Go try a 9 on the third jump at blue on your snowblades and let me know what happens, if you can even clear it. Again, if you're fighting to mountainto carve on skis, you're doing something wrong. I understand that people have preferences about various aspects of life, but snowblades are not a preference, there a spiral-fractured tibia waiting to happen.

• Like 1

I know i'm way in the minority with skiblades... i'm glad just being able to finally do some jumps and rails that i couldn't on skis.

It's probably true that the larger skis' surface areas give better controll and make carving/slowing down easier.

I prefer the smaller blades cause they are way harder to cross, don't bend on jumps/landings, and don't have to worry about rutty jump/rail landing as much.

Do what makes you happy man.

Ride, slide, glide, shred, carve, on whatever you want. It's all about having fun on the mountain.

PASR peeps in general arent going to change their discretions against skiboards.

Your best advice for skiboards is going to come from skiboardsonline.com, or skiboards.com like I mentioned in the other thread. I linked you there not out of hate, but to send you to who would help you. 88cm is really short and even the progression of skiboards is wider and longer just like the progression of skis. Go there and ask about skiboards, if you want advice on skis ask here.

No hate from me, skiboards are fun but lack stability at speed, where skis have a much greater learning curve. I eventually switched back over to skis and manned up to the learning curve as it was the right thing for my needs. It may or may not be for you, only you can decide what you want to do out on the mountain.

Whatever you choose, just make sure you are using the equipment correctly rather than as a crutch.

Even skiboarders don't want you using skiboards just because they're easier to use.

The skiboarder stereotype only hurts skiboarders while adding fuel for the haters.

Good luck man...