Ski tattoo?

bluebomber19

well I moved to CO two years ago and had to move back in summer, so yeah. moving this summer probably to VT. I can't really stand living in philly for any long term right now

I hear ya. I lived in philly for 27 years before we moved out a few years ago. So much nicer not having to drive far to go skiing.

I can't really stand living in philly for any long term right now

So you think you might not have the same "rage" you have for Philly now in a few years? (Wilson who???)

Maybe not, but hey, you still have another calf. Just hope you don't have more than two "rages" in the next, what? 80 years of your life. Again, it may be real meaningful right now, will it be 20 years from now? Who knows? You don't and I certainly don't. The only thing for certain is that you'll have that tattoo either way.

Funny thing is, most people I've spoken to who have "meaningful" tattoos wanted the tattoo first and then tried to find something "meaningful" to get tattoed.

I have a friend who has tattoos. He tries to add "meaning" to them. Like when his father died he ran out and got a tattoo. The truth is he was just trying to find something else to get tattoed. I told my kids, "If I die tomorrow, don't run out and tattoo my name on your ass." It's really more about the person with the tattoo than the person who is tattoed on their skin. (Think about that.)

Sorry dude, in other cultures, tattoos have "meaning" and I even have friends in the military who have gotten tattoos for accomplishments and missions they have done. That has meaning. For the average Joe in U.S. society today it is "fashion".

Hey, If something is that meaningful, get a teeshirt made with it on the chest and wear it everyday for the rest of your life. Wouldn't more people see that than your calf?

Yeah, I know. You think I don't "get" it. Keep trying to convince yourself and paying that guy $125/hr. for something you'll regret.

In the mean time I'm trying to find a good investment to make money from all those nice young girls who got tramp stamps and will want them removed after they have kids and gain 40 pounds.

The truth is I really don't care. Get all the tattoos you want for whatever reason you want to make up. It doesn't affect my paycheck or my life. But damn, I wish GSS hadn't given up gambling! Now my taxes are going to go up. :(

• Like 1

Sorry dude, in other cultures, tattoos have "meaning" and I even have friends in the military who have gotten tattoos for accomplishments and missions they have done. That has meaning. For the average Joe in U.S. society today it is "fashion".

Hey, If something is that meaningful, get a teeshirt made with it on the chest and wear it everyday for the rest of your life. Wouldn't more people see that than your calf?

Yeah, I know. You think I don't "get" it. Keep trying to convince yourself and paying that guy $125/hr. for something you'll regret.

I think tats in this culture can have meaning too. If you want to permanently put "X" on your body to remember, commemorate, celebrate, whatever person, event, thing, etc. that is meaningful to you I say do it. I know personally why I put the tattoo on my body but I'm sure other people would think my reason is trivial. I say "Why judge".

I think tats in this culture can have meaning too. If you want to permanently put "X" on your body to remember, commemorate, celebrate, whatever person, event, thing, etc. that is meaningful to you I say do it. I know personally why I put the tattoo on my body but I'm sure other people would think my reason is trivial. I say "Why judge".

Not judging. Just trying to encourage people to think before they put something permanent on their body that they may regret later.

You shave your head it will grow back. You dye your hair purple it will grow out. You get a piercing you can take it out. You get a tattoo...it's forever.