Plattekill - Free Ski Day

Rambo

Plattekill Mountain in the Catskills is having a challenge whereby if they get 2,000 Facebook Fans by Feb. 28th, they will schedule a Free Ski Day for all their Facebook Fans.

All you need to do is go to your Facebook page and call up the Plattekill page and click on the "Like" button at the top.

Current number of fans is 1,750. Platekill says the faster they get 2,000 fans the quicker they can schedule the Free ski day.

(looks like Thurs. March 3rd may possibly be the date)

http://www.facebook.com/Plattekill

Yeah AndyZee from AlpineZone and Noshitzone keeps spamming me about this.

And from "killingtonzone.com" and Harvey Road (The New York State Ski Blog) http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Free-Day-Of-Skiing-At-Plattekill-tp2514573p2514573.html and who knows what other sites... lol

Friended 'em the day I signed up on Facebook. Great old school mountain with legit steeps and some nice old school narrow trails.

Just hope it isn't March 3rd because I'm taking a half day off on Friday the 4th to head to VT until the 8th with my kids and some friends for their college spring break.

That would be a great Plattekill Thurs, Belleayre Fri. trip if you haven't been.

They reached the 2k.

Never been to Plattekill. How far is it from Belleayre? I'm assuming it's about the same distance from NEPA?

From Hancock, NY you take 17 to 30 to Halcottsville and follow the signs. About the same distance as Belleayre but a much better mountain when there is snow. Support the independant guy who bought it and has to compete with NY State owned Belleayre that gives away tickets. Plattekill has some pretty good deals as well, is less crowded, and while they've increased snowmaking capacity, it's the place to be when it snows. Here's a pic of Plunge and Giant Slolom from this time last year.

4b9712fcd78f9.jpg