Jordan

Glenn

took 3 runs yesterday. One on thew 90's, one on the fingers, and one on floral park

why?

Just curious. How was it skiing? I wanted to get the fingers for a while, but it never seemed quite right when we were thinking about it.

Heard mines 1 & 2 went real big this year.

Ever explore zones that aren't in the books?

really jordan, you need to go check out my smoke shack i built.

If I am ever at keystone, I will look for it, but usually I just cannot justify a reason for ever skiing keystone, sorry

Just curious. How was it skiing? I wanted to get the fingers for a while, but it never seemed quite right when we were thinking about it.

Heard mines 1 & 2 went real big this year.

Ever explore zones that aren't in the books?

90's was really good, fingers were a little scoured, but really fun (they are just really fun lines). Floral park was some of the worst snow I've skied in a long time. 1/8" suncrust on top of soft snow=very sucky skiing.

I haven't really done too much exploring on berthoud outside of the main zones. I would really like to get up on some of the bigger lines in current creek though this spring.

and ya, that slide on mines was HUGE

90's was really good, fingers were a little scoured, but really fun (they are just really fun lines). Floral park was some of the worst snow I've skied in a long time. 1/8" suncrust on top of soft snow=very sucky skiing.

The first time I ever did mines it was bullet proof up in the vortex, then super punchy like that. I think I did no less than 25 unintentional cartwheels in the runout zone to a slidepath I was very scared of.

I haven't really done too much exploring on berthoud outside of the main zones. I would really like to get up on some of the bigger lines in current creek though this spring.

Current Creek cirque is cool, but always seemed to get tracked well before I got my shot at it. 2nd, 1st and 0 creek cirques all have fantastic terrain far less used, but we still accessed them just fine on snowshoes and snowboards.

The first time I ever did mines it was bullet proof up in the vortex, then super punchy like that. I think I did no less than 25 unintentional cartwheels in the runout zone to a slidepath I was very scared of.

Current Creek cirque is cool, but always seemed to get tracked well before I got my shot at it. 2nd, 1st and 0 creek cirques all have fantastic terrain far less used, but we still accessed them just fine on snowshoes and snowboards.

thanks for the beta. Hopefully ill get out into some of those zones this spring. I have heard that there is another free FS cabin in one of those drainages (in addition to the peter rabbit one in current creek). Do you know anything about that?

Jordan saves his smoking for Dave Matthews concerts.. :rofl

I have never smoked at a DMB show. I can still count on 2 hands the number of times I've smoked in my life. It is fun once in a blue moon, but it's certainly not an integral part of my life.

Edited by jordan

thanks for the beta. Hopefully ill get out into some of those zones this spring. I have heard that there is another free FS cabin in one of those drainages (in addition to the peter rabbit one in current creek). Do you know anything about that?

0 creek has a hut called Boris that has had ongoing issues with the FS. It used to be really nice with a full size door and windows, bedding and a wood burning stove. I never stayed there, but the last news I had from it was the door was replaced with something more natural, the forest service removed the stove and most of the amenities inside. It's in a somewhat flat field of pillows almost directly next to the creek about 1/4-1/2 mile from the road. If it were me, I would just stay in my car at the turn out, but I buy cars specifically thinking about how comfortable they are to sleep in. YMMV.

All 3 cirques can be accessed by the ridge from the top of the pass parking lot in 3 hrs or less. South (best IMHO) side of 1st creek has best access from the north parking lot (I think there are 2) of 2nd creek. The top of 1st and all of 0 are best accessed from the resort, with 0 mostly being accessed by ducking ropes.

i know what keystone is, and i know what you like to ski. was just a suggestion. i built literally the only shack on the frontside of keystone (possibly the only shack on keystone period) and thought you might like to investigate if you ever swing that way. you never ski breck either but you did that one time on 420.

piss off johnny.

i know what keystone is, and i know what you like to ski. was just a suggestion. i built literally the only shack on the frontside of keystone (possibly the only shack on keystone period) and thought you might like to investigate if you ever swing that way. you never ski breck either but you did that one time on 420.

piss off johnny.

that was more of a jab at johnny. I was trying to defend keystone there (and you). I'll check out your shack if I am there before they close.

And, I do ski breck once in a while...there is some good terrain at breck..keystone not so much.

Jordan

i was just super stoked on it. was the last thing i did before i peaced. can fit a good 15 peeps in it. took a long bench from the peru lot that holds like 7 people on it. built a log bench into the walls that holds another 4 or 5. took all mud season to make. theres a hidden 6" bong there too :lol:

not just a smoke shack. we stayed in it for a good 3 days while we built it.