BC Manager killed the race team

Winter

All I can say is bear creeks management blows, from HR to anything, they dont have their act together and most likely never will. After working there 3 years I am 99% sure I will not be returning this coming year because of all the bullshit that the average person has no idea about.

• Like 1

All I can say is bear creeks management blows, from HR to anything, they dont have their act together and most likely never will. After working there 3 years I am 99% sure I will not be returning this coming year because of all the bullshit that the average person has no idea about.

Work nearly any ski resort in the country and realize it is run mostly by a bunch of drunks giving handies to their friends, clueless incompetents, a few well meaning but underpowered folks and a whole lot of dirt bags who don't give a shit.

• Like 2

Work nearly any ski resort in the country and realize it is run mostly by a bunch of drunks giving handies to their friends, clueless incompetents, a few well meaning but underpowered folks and a whole lot of dirt bags who don't give a shit.

You just described every business in the world.

• 5 months later...

Blues not far, come run a course on razors. And not the bottom, the top headwall to the bottom. Blues team is really good thought. I raced from mountaineers all the way up to my first year of j1. Coaches are still my friends and amazing teachers, what i can do on my skis mainly comes from BMR. Hate to say it as I wear tall t's and noodle skis but its the best...

• Like 1

Blues not far, come run a course on razors. And not the bottom, the top headwall to the bottom. Blues team is really good thought. I raced from mountaineers all the way up to my first year of j1. Coaches are still my friends and amazing teachers, what i can do on my skis mainly comes from BMR. Hate to say it as I wear tall t's and noodle skis but its the best...

Blue def. has a strong team,and a lot of great racers came out of that place. You'd be interested to know that Blue's team started at Doe Mt. (now bear creek) back in the early 80's when the doe mt. ski team got kicked out and left to start up a team at Blue. The next team at Doe, 7th Wave, got kicked out in the mid 90's or somewhere around there. Seems to be a trend there!

• 1 month later...

Any new developments? I'm guessing Blue will have record race team attendance.

Funny you ask, I have a few friends on the blue team and in talking to Matte DePaulo (race director) last year, since Bear Creeks team exploded in popularity and pretty darned good results, Blue's overall roster fell 40%. Matte offered up some free dryland training and i think a weekend of free training to BC families and i hear at least 10 families already joined up. Beyond that, i don't know too much more but a handful ended up on Frost's team. The head coach and a few other families are supposedly making their way up here to Elk. In reading bear creeks info on the new program, they are claiming to be hosting in-house race events as opposed to supporting a team for USSA racing. Not sure what level the coaching will be, i'm pretty sure most of the good ones took off for other programs. Good luck too 'em, the old team set the bar pretty high last year.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lol Kyle, I wasn't aware they were allowed to do that. I see the benefit of tossing kids in moguls and parks to better their skiing, but with as crowded as bear is, probably not the best place for that. Plus I'll wager the instructors don't know shit about park etiquette either.

Lol Kyle, I wasn't aware they were allowed to do that. I see the benefit of tossing kids in moguls and parks to better their skiing, but with as crowded as bear is, probably not the best place for that. Plus I'll wager the instructors don't know shit about park etiquette either.

Regardless if they are or not it's stupid. You're 100% right. Except the instructors that ride park as well but they're usually the ones keeping kids out of the park