"Junior" ski advice needed

Timeless

Not to de-rail the important parts of this thread regarding who's the best skier, who knows the most about skis and the benefits of moderation on message boards.......

However, in the Junior range, there seems to be little to choose between the gotama and the mantra in construction or width (both 80mm waist at 128cm length), only that the "goat" has the rocker.

Does anyone on here have enough recollection of their younger days to know how bad it feels to ride overly long ski's in soft off-piste snow? How specific should I be about the length given how fast the little f'er is growing. And please let's not get back into the "my ski's longer than yours...." discussions.

There are more little rippers at Bridger than I have seen anywhere else. Until they get some weight and strength dipping off the groomed seems to be an issue regardless of gear. Somewhere around middle school ages they start to be able to handle it a lot better. Think about how little effort your adult weight needs to compact snow and think about ratio wise how much more effort it is for a little kid. Add the fact that 8 inches could be knee deep, it's a whole different game for the youngsters.

I don't know shit about skis, I was just enjoying the side banter. I definitely don't know anything about kids skis. I've just observed a lot of kid skiers in a variety of conditions on a variety of skis. Good luck.

Yeah, my bad... no offense meant. But how often do most people (particularly kids) get to ride that kind of terrain out there.

none taken, ok well a little B) but you'd be surprised. it was a good season, these were 3 days out of 10 or so great ones with either powder or fun spring conditions if you were willing to go after it

Timeless, where are the pictures from? Went to your Photobucket and couldn't tell from that, either. Are these at Blue? Must be the east since there is still grass showing through this late in the season....

Timeless, where are the pictures from? Went to your Photobucket and couldn't tell from that, either. Are these at Blue? Must be the east since there is still grass showing through this late in the season....

if thats blue, i need to reconsider where i get my season pass for next year. :rofl

first 2 are greek peak - 12/27 and prez day saturday, last one is whiteface 2 weeks ago

looks cold, grey and sketchy in reverse order. Glad you all had a great winter this year, it's nice to see real snow in the east, especially in the more southerly places.