more tree clearing at Jack Frost.

The chances of getting a core shot on East Mt. just decreased dramatically. Looks like Frost is cleaning out the tree's in and around "Risk It". (JFSkiDan you spoke and they listened).

http://jfbb.com/multiblog/2011/07/25/risk-it-glade

"This is a fall project but sure to be a good one... "Risk It" on East Mountain is going to be cleared out for some more great glade skiing and riding!"

Looking forward to this.

How many days does JFBB blow a year? Anybody know? I feel like it would get scratchy quick in there...

They didn't blow too much after January last year (probably because it stayed cold for a while) and Risk It was still skiable for a good portion on the season (not as much as other tree runs). Who knows. They may even make an extra effort this year to get a little extra snow in there since they're officially calling it an improvement for 11-12.

but the previous one there was fresh snow.

Still one of the greatest PA ski days ever for me. That and a few days before when we were skiing during that storm.

They will get the snow in there bank on it. They were very conservative on snowmaking this past season but there was always coverage in the trees, the elevator, etc. One thing is for certain.... If they advertise it as a feature, they get snow on it. JFBB number one focus is keeping the customer happy.

Years ago, there was talk of expansion to the skier's right of risk it. I got to ski some of it during the epic 02/03 PA season without hitting any rocks. There's some great, steep terrain over there, and potential for some large(ish) hucks if some of that rhododendron is cleared. Get on it Peak! I am sure blue ridge will approve, as they have no use for that land over there I am sure.

Years ago, there was talk of expansion to the skier's right of risk it. I got to ski some of it during the epic 02/03 PA season without hitting any rocks. There's some great, steep terrain over there, and potential for some large(ish) hucks if some of that rhododendron is cleared. Get on it Peak! I am sure blue ridge will approve, as they have no use for that land over there I am sure.

There's hope. Blue ridge sold the land a week or so ago.

http://m.tnonline.com/2011/jul/22/big-boulder-jack-frost-sales-are-approved

Edited by Ridge Racer

i was sort of over in that area on an exploration mission last year. at the time there was marginal snow coverage and put it im my head that i needed to get back there when conditions were better, and someone was with me. unfortuanatley it was kinda late in the season and never got a chance to get back there. definetly planning on going back to check things out this year, provided we get decent coverage.