Blue Mountain Club Passes [$98 for 6 days]

mbike-ski

Lets see how Moe's season worked out: Heads up to Smuggs before New year's sick as a dog, returns home and spends NYE in bed. Wife catches my plague, cutting our trip to NYC short the first week of January and she's hospitalized for 3 days. House gets overrun by mice in the blink of an eye, totally fucking up my pantry, causing me to launch a mouse genocide killing 13 mice in 2 days with glue traps. Glue traps are very effective but a miserable way to catch and kill a critter. Most of em we're still alive so I had to drown em in the toilet and then throw them out. Wife can't handle rodents, so I had to be on guard for a few weeks until I wiped em out. My saving grace was a 2 week ski trip to Euroland with dad, (same trip I had to cancel last year due to wife's hopsitalization and illness, almost to the day) leaving last Thursday, the 16th. I went in for a contrast CT-Scan on the 1st of Feb due to severe pain in my kidney, knowing that I now had a stone in there. CT scan showed a stone 14mm in diameter and the Doc said I should get a stent put in before going overseas. AWESOME!!! Nothing like travelling on a plane and touring thru the alps with a burning hose inside me. (See Phillycore's kidney stone story) SO I postponed that trip AGAIN, costing another 150$ to change the flight. I was gonna try to get to Blue yesterday, but woke up at 2AM buckled in pain. Couldn't go today because I had to get a pre-op xray and bloodwork done, and its supposed to rain tomorrow. Gonna try to hook up with Hugo and drive up on Sunday. Then, to top it off, my surgery is scheduled for next Friday, the stent stays in me for 3 weeks and I get that removed. The house we were negotiating for in VT fell through due to seller stupidity, so 2012 has pretty much been a massive PITA for me. I took my dad to the airport for the euro trip last thursday; Friday, my 94.5 yo mom in law ends her driving career kissing a telephone pole 2 blocks from her house. She's OK, no injuries, no others involved, but the car is junked and now I'm chauffeuring to boot. About all I'm hoping for is a late spring season with snow (doubtful) to try and get a trip or 2 in before its done.

Thanks for the sentiments. I had to rebook the flight for December but will rebook it again for 2013. I coudn't book it beyond 2012 yet. It's a no frills/ no refund flight and I can't transfer it to another person otherwise my dad would've used it. Looks like the northern greens and 'dax could get hammered this weekend. I'll be drowning in my bowl of sadness and frustration trying to get stoked for a few runs at Blue on Sunday.