Blue Mountain (PA) Freeride Ski Program - NEW!!

skier150

Sorry for the double post, just wanted to cover all the bases...

The Snow Sports School at Blue Mountain Ski Area in PA is announcing a new Freeride Ski Program for the 05/06 season. This program will be included in the new brochure coming out in a couple of months. The program is for skiers with at least an intermediate skiing ability and will cover all Freeriding levels. The program was designed to be fun, safe and a great place to learn new tricks or just add style to your old ones. Here are some highlights on the program*:

Starting the week before Xmas, weather permitting.

Running for 10 weeks.

Runs on Saturday and Sunday mornings from 9am to 1pm.

For ages 8 and up.

Training on Rails, Boxes, Pipe, Jumps, and SkierCross is available.

Team competition at local and regional events.

Instruction at YOUR ability and comfort level.

Trained and qualified coaches/instructors.

Small class sizes.

80 hours fun and learning in a safe environment!

Pricing around $450 (lift ticket not included).

10% discount for early registration.

Twin tip skis and helmet required.

*since the program is so new, some things may change slightly before December

If you have ANY questions or comments, please email contact me via this website or email.

Chris

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Skier150!

We will be checking out the program for sure.

I know it might complicate things but can you check into a limited or pro-rated program, like 10 variable sessions within that 10 week program? CB will be our home mountain next year due to one boy who races on the CAT team - the other boy (steezemachine) is at the mercy of his parents carting him back and forth and other competions or events.

At what size will you limit the class to?

Sounds like this year its only for skiers, as you need twin tips...

27669[/snapback]

Interesting, I didn't notice that... Yeah - it wouldn't surprise me if skiing comes more back in vogue and riding starts fading some.. but I won't start the debate here.. oh no... :devil:

I will chek with my boss and let you know what I find out about a limited ticket. The optimal class size would be 4-6, but it may go as high as 8 depending on the turnout.

Welcome Skier150!

We will be checking out the program for sure.

I know it might complicate things but can you check into a limited or pro-rated program, like 10 variable sessions within that 10 week program? CB will be our home mountain next year due to one boy who races on the CAT team - the other boy (steezemachine) is at the mercy of his parents carting him back and forth and other competions or events. 

At what size will you limit the class to?

27658[/snapback]

This program is only for skiers. However Blue Mountain has had the same program for snowboarders for the past few years. They are basically the same, escept snowbaording does gates as well. The prices and lengths are the same as well. If you want I can get youin touch with the guy who runs the snwobaord freeride program. Just send me an email.

its only for skiers?

27662[/snapback]

Yes, we are also looking for instructors as well. Email me and I can fill you in on the details.

I know it sounds like a lot at first, but if you break it down it is only like $5+ per hour of instruction. It would cost you at least $20 for a regular group lesson and $65 per hour for a private.

are they lookin for instructors or something like that? i would be happy to do work with that.

haha, 450 without lift tickets? hows that work.

27677[/snapback]

We have some decent talent on the coach list so far. But if our students can excel to a higher level then we were doing our job.

Ok, so now I will start to use the spell check. What a mess my typing is today.

pappa just make shure steeze doesn't show up the instructors too often.

27683[/snapback]

The class gets ski school status too? Lift line priority? thats worth $5 per hour by itself!

When checking about a variable entry for us, mention that you could overbook the slots - that worked for me convincing the gym why I needed a different rate for tramp class.

This program is only for skiers.  However Blue Mountain has had the same program for snowboarders for the past few years.  They are basically the same, escept snowbaording does gates as well.  The prices and lengths are the same as well.  If you want I can get youin touch with the guy who runs the snwobaord freeride program.  Just send me an email.

27682[/snapback]

no im not realy interested i just wanted to make post :postwhore