Blue Mountain (PA) Freeride Ski Program - NEW!!

skier150

Anyone who is interested in teaching or learning in the program please send me an email.

Yes, we will have class states so we can cut lift lines, although it would be nice to have a park lift.

Sorry, as the signs say... NO INVERTS. Corks and the like are ok though.

I will have some updates to post in the next few days.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here are a few updates on the program:

PRICE:

$465.00 after 11/16/5

$420.00 before 11/16/5

I would suggest purchasing a season pass for this program if you do not already have one. The lift tickets alone would be around $800... which is almost twice the price of a season pass. Especially if you get your pass before 6/15/5.

DATES:

Start - December 17, 2005

End - February 26, 2006

Time - 9am to 1pm, Saturdays and Sundays

On 12/17 we will need to meet at 8am to get everyone together and checked in. This will be the last possible time to get in the program. Ideally we would like to have most people registered by the beginning of December.

is our starting date. The normal times for the program are 9am to 1pm on Saturday and Sunday running until February 26, 2006.

STUDENTS:

We will have AT LEAST 1 female instructor coaching in this program. We really want to make it as comfortable and as welcoming as possible for the girls!

Send me a message if you are thinking about joining.

COACHES:

If you are interested in teaching in this program please sent me a message. The first coaches meeting is coming up soon.

QUESTIONS:

If you have ANY questions please send me a message, or post them on here if you think all can benefit.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, all the major programs will be the same price.

is the freerider snowboard program the same cost as the skier one? ive been thinking about joining it for next season

28315[/snapback]

• 2 weeks later...

sorry guys, but i probably wont be able to make it, rt22 is all screwed up, and i cant get into my email account (woohoo Identity Theft!!) that is were i saved the directions to the meeting place, so i dont know how to get there anymore.

i still am interested in the program though, so any future meetings i will be at

• 3 weeks later...
sorry guys, but i probably wont be able to make it, rt22 is all screwed up, and i cant get into my email account (woohoo Identity Theft!!) that is were i saved the directions to the meeting place, so i dont know how to get there anymore.

i still am interested in the program though, so any future meetings i will be at

29775[/snapback]

Email me with your information and I will send you a packet from the meeting.

I like it all other than the bottom where you have that ugly picture going across it. But other than that it is nice.

31354[/snapback]

It is a free site, so we are stuck with the banner. I agree though!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just wanted to remind everyone that the program starts next Saturday 12/17 at 9am.

If you are already signed up for a different program at Blue you can change over to Freeride without an issue!

You can also join up at any time during the 10 weeks, unfortunately there is no discount for missing days.

Beginner or Expert, you will get something out of this program. To have a coach work with you on anything you want for 4 hours a day can only better your ability in the end. Don't be embarrased if you can't do a 180 or slide a rail.. we already have some first timers signed up!

Come on out to Blue this weekend and look for us in the park, we are happy to answer any of your questions about the program or your skiing.

Edited by skier150

Well, if a person pays an hourly rate for a lesson they get the privelage of not having to pay extra to stand in line. You may not be too happy if you paid $75 for a private hour, and ended up standing in line for 45 minutes...

no offence but noone should ever get line jumping priviliges unless terere is a comp/race its just not right

"How many people actually spend 75 dollars for a one hour private lesson at Blue mountain? Does the instructor get about half that plus tips right. It seems like alot of cheddar but there are definitely alot of rich people that ski Blue."

Doug you would be amazed at what people spend. You gotta remember that unlike many people on PASR, many of Blue's customers ski no more than 3 or 4 times in a year (if that even), and often make a weekend out of it. Also, many of these people don't have discounts or passes like alot of people on this board, which is what makes skiing such a hard sport to get into for the average family. Take a family of four for example, 2 kids, 2 adults. Lets say the parents want the kids to be in the kids program all day, thats $150 right there. Then lets say both parents want a private lesson together for one hour, which comes to $110 dollars. So this family has already spent $260. That doesn't include food, gas, lodging if this is a vacation, etc... People drop some serious cash on ski weekends. Even with all the discounts I get I can't spend a weekend in Vermont for less than 100 bux. Although if I didnt spend $30 of that on beer I'd probably be better off...

My favorite line cut abusers are ski patrollers who bring up their buddies and then cut with them in tow claiming that they are on duty. I also love the race kids who have cutting priveleges in the morning, but seem to think those last all day...

Although if I didnt spend $30 of that on beer I'd probably be better off...

My favorite line cut abusers are ski patrollers who bring up their buddies and then cut with them in tow claiming that they are on duty. I also love the race kids who have cutting priveleges in the morning, but seem to think those last all day...

I always budget about 30 bucks for beer for a ski weekend. That Magic Hat and Long Trail up in VT is pricey but oh so good.

$30 for beer for a whole weekend...I've had rounds that cost more than $30 in Pocono Bars which are not overpriced.

At the right store in Vermont like $35 will get ya three 12 packs of Magic Hat or Long Trail.

Anyway, if you're up at Blue look for us in Blue's park this weekend. We should be handing out flyers or something about the Freeride Ski Program. We'll be the skiers playin' around and hikin' stuff. 5's off falls this weekend???

Yeah, I do these days. During the week I am a snowboarder.... shhh. Were you in the cafateria?

skier150 i think i saw u on tuesday. do u wear a orange hat?

Edited by skier150