NASTAR AT BLUE IS FINAL!

AtomicSkier

Thanks to me (yes, me!) NASTAR will be held at Blue Mountain starting this season on Thursday Nights and Sunday afternoons!  Yes, you heard it.  I'm waiting to hear about what trail..... :yes  :rock  :rock  :woot  :woot

27853[/snapback]

Awesome, Jeff. Thursday nights are especially cool.

Awesome, Jeff. Thursday nights are especially cool.

27854[/snapback]

yup, I didn't want to mention anything when i proposed the idea at the end of last ski season, but she said "email me back in june and i'll give you an update". I did and i guess the GM liked what he saw, so bingo! :)

:yes I trust that you'll be joining me at Blue on Thursday nights?  :nana

27860[/snapback]

Yeah, for sure, when I'm not working. I'm already down to a four day work week during the winter. It would be good to have some gates before the weekend ASRA's. Blue is far for me, but empty Thursday slopes would be worth it.

Hey, save me a search: do they have night-only passes or CB-like "treasure" packs?

Yeah, for sure, when I'm not working. I'm already down to a four day work week during the winter. It would be good to have some gates before the weekend ASRA's. Blue is far for me, but empty Thursday slopes would be worth it.

Hey, save me a search: do they have night-only passes or CB-like "treasure" packs?

27867[/snapback]

A 4-10pm weeknight pass is $26 for an adult, but i don't know about the treasure packs....

Ahem, didn't I once e-mail NASTAR about Blue ever thinking about holding NASTAR and them telling me to tell Blue what I thought about it? I even filled out one of those comment cards and told them to add it. Heres a link to it...http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1019

Anyway it doesn't matter, I'm just glad they got it! I don't think they will do it on Raceway because what about people who are less expirenced and cannot handle that steep of a trail. I'm thinking they would do it on Lazy Mile or something else. Bringing back up the link above do you think they will do it on that trail that they are cutting out over by Razors Edge?

LOL, that Blue Blizzard Card the other year I was putting in a comment card and told them they should offer a discount card like camelback and bc does. Sure enough they did for last season. They must read that comment box or had enough people tell them to get it.

Ahem, didn't I once e-mail NASTAR about Blue ever thinking about holding NASTAR and them telling me to tell Blue what I thought about it? I even filled out one of those comment cards and told them to add it. Heres a link to it...http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1019

Anyway it doesn't matter, I'm just glad they got it! I don't think they will do it on Raceway because what about people who are less expirenced and cannot handle that steep of a trail. I'm thinking they would do it on Lazy Mile or something else. Bringing back up the link above do you think they will do it on that trail that they are cutting out over by Razors Edge?

27872[/snapback]

yea, I did get the idea from you. But twas I that got the ball rolling. Anyway, they won't do it on Lazy Mile, as they already have the shacks/timing equipment on raceway, which isn't any steeper, well maybe a hair, then polar bear @ BC.

blizzardsave3.gif

27873[/snapback]

that must be brand new, never saw that before...

Yeah I guess raceway really isn't that steep to hold a NASTAR race on, and it levels out to become a nice gentle slope at the bottom. Since they will do races on Thursday and Sunday I don't think it will interfear with the race team because don't they get that for so many hours on the weekend to train or is that Razors Edge?

Edited by skifreak

It's still a lot more than BC with "Club night".  No chance Blue has a club night???

27879[/snapback]

Blue has a pretty cheap Sunday night rate, $18, that's pretty cheap skiing. Bear's just happens to be on Wednesday, which makes it convient. how much is a tuesday night at bear? with that Blue card, you're looking at $30 for the night ($20 tix + $10 unlimited NASTAR). That's $10 more then a Wednesday night at blue, and plus theres actaully a mountain to ski on then too. And plus, an added bonus, you get to ski with me. What else could you ask for?

What else could you ask for?

27881[/snapback]

:beer: or maybe a :bimmer:jk

I don't know, skimom with that Blizzard card its a great deal to me if you don't have a season pass. Personally I would do NASTAR at blue because like Jeff said, you actually have a mountain to ski on. Now I don't know if you are a person that is worried about how much its going to cost you in gas and time its going to take you because you come from Philly but I would rather go to blue its only what another 25 or so mins if that from bc?

Edited by skifreak

Fantastic Job Atomic and Skifreak! I wish Blue had a Northridge - what is the reasonable travel time between the 2 mountains. With a rising frestyle program, a good race program, and when you consider I don't have a whole lot of confidence with the new mgmt at CB - it just might be worth the while to commmute..

If BC does it again - there is a weeknight season pass for $99 we were at BC last year 9 times.

Is there a weekday or night season pass available at Blue that might make economic sense?

Edited by Papasteeze

i know blue has a weekday pass, i dont know the price off the top of my head, but check out thier site for details on that. and about that northridge thing or whatever, i dont know whats going on with it now, but supposedly ray was building condos kind of along the access road to the top lodgem but i dont know what has happened to that since he wants to sell now.