Things you like to see for the 2012/2013 ski season at Sno.

KCSKI

• 4 weeks later...

Just following up on this thread and after getting a chuckle out of the "popcorn machine idea"..let me share what we have done so far this Summer. Keep in mind a lot of what is being done is because of YOU either chimed in with an idea or came up with an observation that you noticed, and...we're working on it or it has been completed..or will when snow/season allows.

We moved a great deal of guns around to maximize snow making power and coverage. You will see the difference on the North face and along Upper fast Track & Runaway.

Slopes Cannonball & Lower Runaway have been regraded..no more big rocks sticking out....

We corrected the pitch at the Iron Horse loading area to eliminate that little incline that is a pain to climb to get up to the chairs.

The Terrain Park entrance has now been set up with a log type devider to designate the entrance. (Posted a pic on here somewhere a few weeks ago)

We eliminated that uphill section where you exit Iron Horse to the Right and ski toward Long Haul heading toward Upper Fastrack by cutting in a new trail that goes under LH right below the drive station (Again..pics somewhere here)

What we call the "Grove"..the area you see riding Phoebe that is our shop area..usually not the prettiest area to look at is currently being cleaned out and reorganized.

The trees under Phoebe are being removed as I type this...getting that cleaned up.

I think it was Mellissa that suggested some sort of area to sit/hang out area at the top of Phoebe. Work in progress on that....might be a "Tree Stool" set up at first with some tables..and might possibly go to like a small pavillion later on.

Those that use the ski check..you should, it's free......that area will now be covered and has a new concrete deck...no more mud/dirt!

The "Connection Trail"..base area to Iron Horse is being regraded, although it will help with the slope condition when snow covered, it is being done for the Peach Festival coming up as we are allowing camping on the mountain that weekend.

Although this doesn't affect you guys..unless you're still a noob, the approach to the bunny hill lift is being regraded to flatten out the approach to the chairs..just some minor adjustments to the curb/pavers for the water park to fix that. Same thing with tubing..we did actually a lot of work there to help that area as well, mainly in stopping and upsloping to slow everyone down.

And some other odds and ends...although important ones...realigning and the continued upgrade of lighting going on as well.

Keep you posted.

• 1 month later...

At the Iron Horse lift there is the issue of the up hill battle getting on to it. I know it is a little up hill but I have been watch that back in 84. The area just need to be level off a bit to improve the flow of newbes on to the lift. All lifts should be level or a slight downward slope.

OK just a little slow on this one, that will help the flow out greatly.

Edited by JayBeer30

^ Already taken care of back in June, but thanks for the tip on it. We re-graded that whole area around the loading station, and along with that, at the top of the mountain, skiers left of Iron horse toward Long haul...also re-graded to eliminate that slight uphill grade and added a new trail.

• 3 weeks later...

Echoing some of the earlier posts - glades and bumps! Bumps and glades make a limited terrain mountain much more interesting. You have plenty of terrain for beginners and people who want to ski blue groomers. The upper half of the mountain is practically useless to anyone above a strong intermediate. For minimal cost, you can add a ton of variety to the mountain. Adding to this thought:

Bumps - Boomer was fantastic last year but you should have bumps on the upper mountain. You can easily let one of the upper trails bump up as you have several trails that ski the same right next to each other. You can always do a half bumped/half groomed thing if you want to provide an easy way down.

Glades - This is a bigger deal than you think. Jack Frost makes its little mountain fun with glades. It would appear you have many options on both the upper and lower mountain to have gladed areas. Even Blue has added gladed areas.

Finally, a different suggestion. You should push to have a demo day at Sno. This is a great way to attract new faces to the mountain during mid-week. Again, something that it is minimal cost but can pay big dividends (both in the short and long term).

^ I myself am a big fan of glades and tree skiing as I compare that to Mt. biking....but I don't know if it's just us or other mountains..is there an issue with insurance or Ski patrol having a say in this? Let me ask...esp if there are other mountain people reading this..how do you go about it as I seem to run into a wall everytime I suggest it.

As far as bumps...agree totally and we will keep things bumped up as much as possible, like Boomer last season.

I'll look into the Demo days as well...that is a good idea.