Bags

NMSKI

Since there's some good deals to be had out there this time of year, I'm looking to get a new travel bag. What do you all use, or what would anybody recommend? Want to get one that can carry and protect 2 pairs.

I use a Dynastar padded, double, wheeled bag. Dynastar makes the only bags that I know of that offer room for skis longer than 194 cm.

I have the same bag. Fits my 193cm, 119mm under foot rockered pow skis. Not too many bags will fit them comfortable, but I can also get in 190cm Got's in there too with plenty of room. Even Volkl's own double bag isnt big enough for one pair of shiros.

Thanks for the info guys. Thats a nice looking bag. Really surprising to me that there are not any other bags that hold longer skis. My longest are 187, but if I get a pair of pow skis I will for sure need the extra length.

I use the "ski tote" ( I think it's called ). The rigid plastic kind. They can be found at LL Bean. They make doubles, and are adjustable to different lengths. They protect the skis real well, only drawback, you can only pack skis and poles no room for clothing etc.

I use the "ski tote" ( I think it's called ). The rigid plastic kind. They can be found at LL Bean. They make doubles, and are adjustable to different lengths. They protect the skis real well, only drawback, you can only pack skis and poles no room for clothing etc.

I thought about going with the ski tube...only problem...I'm pretty sure you set the length of it with a cotter pin? I really don't trust the TSA to put it back in correctly to prevent the two pieces from sliding apart. The only thing stopping me from ditching the bag.

Seems like you could ship one of these also if the need ever arose.

I really don't trust the TSA to put it back in correctly to prevent the two pieces from sliding apart.

I get nervous checking anything. I picture the baggage handlers and TSA treating my luggage like Ace Ventura UPS guy.

I thought about going with the ski tube...only problem...I'm pretty sure you set the length of it with a cotter pin? I really don't trust the TSA to put it back in correctly to prevent the two pieces from sliding apart. The only thing stopping me from ditching the bag.

Yep that's the one the "ski tube". I've had mine for at least 12 years. At least 12 trips out west and never had a problem with the pin. The skis and tubes fit so tightly together that you have to really tug to get the sections apart. It takes two people tugging to seperate them easily. I don't think the TSA wants to bother that much, and just takes the x-ray's word that there's skis in there.

The pin has a hoop that goes around the end ( shaped kinda like a "D" ) and the tube is adjustable in about 1.5" increments.