Phones disconnected?

JayBeer30

All the customers in the world don't mean anything if they can't afford to pay the mortgage on the (BAD) investments they've made and operating costs at the same time. Go up there on a weekend, the parking lot is completely packed.

This is actually right, the problem is they have way too much debt in relation to revenue. Lots and lots of ski areas have or had made this mistake. You load up on debt because banks will lend it to you because you have collateral, you figure with all the improvements you'll get lots of new money to cover your increased debt load. Then inevitably shit happens like opening your water park two seasons late or whatever and now although you still have that same core group of customers you can't make ends meet because your debt load is so high. So they restructured their debt and kicked the can a couple months, the underlying problem is still the same too much debt.

If you made me guess they will end up selling it to a group of peeps who can get a debt write down, they smartly will realize they need to be careful with financing and the place will be one of those middle of the road sleeper deals.

There is nothing wrong with that, if I have to go to Southern VT, I go Magic rather than Bromley. Money does not equal good skiing.

where is KC?

Maybe his paycheck bounced and he finally gave up?

In any case; I like Sno for what it is. It is a great alternative to Camelback and Blue for a weekend night or a holiday when everything at the other areas gets skied off in the first hour.

I think it would be a viable area under the right management. (not sure if the current owners can carry that debt load) I still think it will eventually be sold to Peak Resorts or Snow Time. Both of those operators know how to manage a local day trip area. Snow Time has Roundtop and Liberty. I know they draw from the DC area but Whitetail gets most of that business. They keep the other two operating off the population center of the Harrisburg area which is equivalent to the Scranton area.

Sno does need to get people to drive past Blue and Camelback from the Philly and NJ areas. They need to advertise the lower crowds and better conditions.

I doubt peak would buy. That would make three hills in close proximity. I am partial to sno, I learned to ski and to ride there when i was young and as much as id like to see it stick around, it might be time to throw in the towel. I was there last year and the hill was empty and the top to bottom lift wasn't running midweek which is ridiculous.