New Hamphire Bound 12-26

oldtimeskier

Heading to NH tomorrow with my two grown boys who are home for the holidays for some sking for me and boarding for them.

Planning on hitting Crotched on day one for some loosening up as it is five minutes from my famliy;s place

Not sure if my body (knees and back) will hold up, but after preliminairies we are heading to Loon and Bretton Woods. If I can figure out how to use a I-Phone I will post a report and pics.

Big time storm moving in for tomorrow night. For one of the feww times in my life, appears as though my timing is right!

Happy Holidays!!!

• Like 2

Yeah, but it was early season a couple years ago... Not the best then, but they usually get a bunch of snow... I'd like to go back sometime this year if I can... Some of the other stuff looked great...

More importantly, I haven't ridden at Bretton Woods... All I have there is some third party info...

Edited by Ride Delaware ?

Just back from a good trip. Skied Crotched Mountain on Thursday with about 9 inches and light snow throughout the day. Crowds were light due to the weather and the mountain was about 80 percent open. They just installed a high speed quad that they bought from Ascutney when it closed. I have skied crotched about four times over the last ten years, it is a great little mountain by NH standards, prolly as big as Elk and bigger than Jack Frost. It is run by Peak Resorts and like JF, they do a great job with the snow making.

Skied Mount Sunappee on Friday. About sixty percent open and very crowded. Nice scenary and nice vibe.

Love NH sking and already planning for next year a week long trip. I have to coordinate with my son in college and my son who works in Virginia to get a good week when not holiday season. THey will ski with the old man as long as I buy the lift tickets, lodging and most of the beer!

Back in Doylestown....thank God winter has come back, we have missed you!!!

To all my PASR friends enjoy the good conditions and the remainder of the holiday season. Jim

• Like 1

Just back from a good trip. Skied Crotched Mountain on Thursday with about 9 inches and light snow throughout the day. Crowds were light due to the weather and the mountain was about 80 percent open. They just installed a high speed quad that they bought from Ascutney when it closed. I have skied crotched about four times over the last ten years, it is a great little mountain by NH standards, prolly as big as Elk and bigger than Jack Frost. It is run by Peak Resorts and like JF, they do a great job with the snow making.

Skied Mount Sunappee on Friday. About sixty percent open and very crowded. Nice scenary and nice vibe.

Love NH sking and already planning for next year a week long trip. I have to coordinate with my son in college and my son who works in Virginia to get a good week when not holiday season. THey will ski with the old man as long as I buy the lift tickets, lodging and most of the beer!

Back in Doylestown....thank God winter has come back, we have missed you!!!

To all my PASR friends enjoy the good conditions and the remainder of the holiday season. Jim

NH is a great place to ski. Next time you go try Wildcat.